2002-11-18 15:09:12

by Panos

Subject: kernel 2.4.19 + poweroff

hello all. i am not quite sure if this is the right mailing list for my
question so dont fire up. i have compiled the kernel 2.4.19 and when i
shutdown the pc using halt it doesnt poweroff. i tried either with apm
builtin and module but nothing happened. Bios supports shutfdown since
2.2.18 did the job and powered off. I use the right gcc and modutils
version is mentioned in Changes doc. Any ideas will me helpfull thnx allot
and sorry for my english.

2002-11-18 15:28:29

by Chris Friesen

Subject: Re: kernel 2.4.19 + poweroff

Panos wrote:
i have compiled the kernel 2.4.19 and when i
> shutdown the pc using halt it doesnt poweroff. i tried either with apm
> builtin and module but nothing happened.

I had to make sure that ACPI power management was not enabled in any
form, since it overrides APM but the userspace didn't understand it.

Chris

--
Chris Friesen | MailStop: 043/33/F10
Nortel Networks | work: (613) 765-0557