2002-11-27 17:57:04

by Guillaume Boissiere

Subject: [STATUS 2.5] November 27, 2002

Things seem to be stabilizing quite a bit. No new
features but tons of bug fixes have been merged.
Below the list of what I have pending in the status list
along with the 58 open bugs currently in Bugzilla
(http://bugzilla.kernel.org/)

Full status list is at http://www.kernelnewbies.org/status

Enjoy!

-- Guillaume

-------------------------
Linux Kernel 2.5 Status - November 27th, 2002
(Latest kernel release is 2.5.49)

o before 2.6.0 Rewrite of the console layer (James Simmons)
o before 2.6.0 Support insane number of groups (Tim Hockin)
o before 2.6.0 SCSI and FibreChannel Hotswap Support (Steven Dake)
o before 2.6.0 Worldclass support for IPv6 (Alexey Kuznetsov, Dave Miller, Jun Murai, Yoshifuji Hideaki, USAGI team)
o before 2.6.0 Reiserfs v4 (Reiserfs team)
o before 2.6.0 32bit dev_t (Al Viro)
o before 2.6.0 Fix device naming issues (Patrick Mochel, Greg Kroah-Hartman)
o before 2.6.0 Change all drivers to new driver model (All maintainers)
o before 2.6.0 USB gadget support (Stuart Lynne, Greg Kroah-Hartman)
o before 2.6.0 Improved AppleTalk stack (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)
o before 2.6.0 ext2/ext3 online resize support (Andreas Dilger)

BUGZILLA:
3 nor [email protected] ASSI Enabling shared pagetables causes KDE to wierd out
5 nor [email protected] ASSI 64GB highmem BUG()
7 nor [email protected] ASSI file lock accounting broken
8 low [email protected] ASSI i2o_scsi does not handle reset properly
9 nor [email protected]... ASSI Ehci do not leave system in a sensible state for bios on ...
10 hig [email protected] ASSI USB HCs may have improper interrupt configuration with AC...
11 nor [email protected] OPEN Intermezzo Compile Failure
13 blo [email protected] OPEN user-mode-linux (ARCH=um) compile broken in 2.5.47
15 nor [email protected] ASSI No dma on first hard drive
16 nor [email protected] ASSI reproduceable oops in lock_get_status
18 nor [email protected] OPEN Synaptics touchpad driver
19 nor [email protected] OPEN aty128fb does not compile
20 low [email protected] OPEN Kernel AGP support needs to be initialized sooner
28 low [email protected] ASSI Compile time warnings from starfire driver (with PAE enab...
29 low [email protected] ASSI Debug: sleeping function called from illegal context at m...
32 nor [email protected] OPEN framebuffer drivers dont compile
35 hig [email protected] OPEN Riva Framebuffer doesn't compile
36 nor [email protected] ASSI Long tape rewind causes abort on aic7xxx
37 nor [email protected] ASSI IDE problems on old pre-PCI HW
39 nor [email protected] ASSI undefined reference to `boot_gdt_table'
42 nor [email protected] ASSI 8139too ifconfig causes oops
43 nor [email protected] ASSI e100 drivers crashes on non cache-coherent platforms
44 blo [email protected] OPEN radeonfb does not compile at all - seems incomplete? or w...
46 nor [email protected] OPEN Two mice: unwanted double-clicks & erratic behavior
48 nor [email protected] OPEN APM suspend and PCMCIA not cooperating
49 nor [email protected] OPEN register_console() called in illegal context
51 nor [email protected] ASSI isapnp does not register devices in /proc/isapnp
52 nor [email protected] ASSI aic7xxx driver fails to boot on netfinity 7000
53 nor [email protected] ASSI IDE cd-rom I/O error
54 nor [email protected] OPEN 100% reproduceable "null TTY for (####) in tty_fasync"
58 nor [email protected] OPEN OHCI-1394: sleeping function called from illegal context ...
63 nor [email protected] OPEN compile error with CONFIG_HUGETLB_PAGE yes
66 blo [email protected] ASSI SMP Kernel Compile for Sparc32 fails
69 nor [email protected] OPEN Framebuffer bug
71 hig [email protected] ASSI RTL8100BL (8139) do not work on acpi UP without local apic
72 nor [email protected] OPEN Framebuffer scrolls at the wrong times/places
78 low [email protected] ASSI make dep on lk configuration exit
79 nor [email protected] OPEN Framebuffer scrolling problem
83 low [email protected] ASSI Wish: ability to quickly cycle through (NEW) config options
84 hig [email protected] ASSI qconf crashes when setting default NLS
89 nor [email protected] OPEN writing to sysfs appears to hang
94 nor [email protected] OPEN file remain locked after sapdb process exist.
100 nor [email protected] ASSI LTP - gettimeofday02 fails (time is going backwards)
102 hig [email protected] OPEN Read from a raid 0 array failed.
104 nor [email protected] OPEN MIPS fails to build: asm/thread_info.h doesn't exist
105 nor [email protected] ASSI gettimeofday cripples system running with notsc
106 nor [email protected] OPEN sysfs hierarchy can begin to disintegrate
110 nor [email protected] OPEN Current bk Linux-2.5, VFS Kernel Panic from Devfs + NO UN...
111 hig [email protected] OPEN hugetlbfs does not align pages
113 hig [email protected] OPEN CMD649 or ALI15X3 problem under 2.5.49 and since many pre...
114 nor [email protected] OPEN 2.5.49 unable to mount XFS partition
115 nor [email protected] OPEN Kernel modules won't load
116 nor [email protected] OPEN all mounts oops
117 nor [email protected] OPEN build failure: arch/ppc/kernel/process.c
118 hig [email protected] OPEN Load IDE-SCSI module causes OOPS in 2.5.49
119 nor [email protected] OPEN 2.5.49 - Dell Latitude weirdness at shutdown
120 nor [email protected] OPEN build fail
122 nor [email protected] OPEN emu10k1 OSS troubles
58 bugs found.

2002-11-27 18:23:32

by Steven Dake

Subject: Re: [STATUS 2.5] November 27, 2002

Guillaume,

It appears that some minor problems with the SCSI and FibreChannel
hotswap driver have caused it to be rejected by the SCSI maintainers at
this time. Unforutnately I don't have much time before 2.6 releases to
work on it, so I'd ask if you could move this to a 2.7 delivery.

Thanks!
-steve