2002-11-27 20:00:56

by Davide Libenzi

Subject: epoll patches queue status and glibc submission ...

This is the latest status of the epoll system include file and man pages
that I'll submit to Ulrich after having received comments from lkml. If
you have some feedback to report pls speak now or forever hold your piece :)

PS: Linus could you give me some feedback about the status of the epoll
patches I sent you for 2.5.49 ? The current kernel does not reflect this
interface and I won't post to Ulrich until all bits will be aligned.

- Davide

Attachments:
epoll.h (2.69 kB)
epoll.4 (8.34 kB)
epoll_create.2 (2.13 kB)
epoll_ctl.2 (3.53 kB)
epoll_wait.2 (2.98 kB)

by Dan Kegel

Hi Davide,
I just realized that 'edge triggered I/O readiness notification facility'
is too jargony. A plain English wording of the man page title might be

epoll \- I/O readiness change notification facility

This is shorter and much clearer. Apologies for having suggested
the earlier jargony text.
- Dan

2002-11-27 20:48:17

by Davide Libenzi

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002, Dan Kegel wrote:

> Hi Davide,
> I just realized that 'edge triggered I/O readiness notification facility'
> is too jargony. A plain English wording of the man page title might be
>
> epoll \- I/O readiness change notification facility
>
> This is shorter and much clearer. Apologies for having suggested
> the earlier jargony text.

Ok, done. Any other crappyness at your sight ?

- Davide

2002-11-27 21:18:31

by Chris Friesen

Davide Libenzi wrote:
> This is the latest status of the epoll system include file and man pages
> that I'll submit to Ulrich after having received comments from lkml. If
> you have some feedback to report pls speak now or forever hold your piece :)

I'm canadian. I don't carry a piece....

Chris

--
Chris Friesen | MailStop: 043/33/F10