2002-12-24 06:41:48

by Guillaume Boissiere

Subject: [STATUS 2.5] December 24, 2002

This week, support for sysenter and more bugs being filed in Bugzilla.
The status page URL: http://www.kernelnewbies.org/status

Happy holidays to all!

-- Guillaume

CURRENT BUGS IN BUGZILLA:
11 nor [email protected] OPEN Intermezzo Compile Failure
18 nor [email protected] OPEN Synaptics touchpad driver
44 blo [email protected] OPEN radeonfb does not compile at all - seems incomplete? or w...
46 nor [email protected] OPEN ide-scsi causing (Two mice: unwanted double-clicks & erra...
48 nor [email protected] OPEN APM suspend and PCMCIA not cooperating
49 nor [email protected] OPEN register_console() called in illegal context
54 nor [email protected] OPEN 100% reproduceable "null TTY for (####) in tty_fasync"
58 nor [email protected] OPEN OHCI-1394: sleeping function called from illegal context ...
69 nor [email protected] OPEN Framebuffer bug
72 nor [email protected] OPEN Framebuffer scrolls at the wrong times/places
79 nor [email protected] OPEN Framebuffer scrolling problem
94 nor [email protected] OPEN file remain locked after sapdb process exist.
104 nor [email protected] OPEN MIPS fails to build: asm/thread_info.h doesn't exist
110 nor [email protected] OPEN Current bk Linux-2.5, VFS Kernel Panic from Devfs + NO UN...
115 nor [email protected] OPEN Kernel modules won't load
117 nor [email protected] OPEN build failure: arch/ppc/kernel/process.c
118 blo [email protected] OPEN Load IDE-SCSI module causes OOPS in 2.5.49
122 nor [email protected] OPEN emu10k1 OSS troubles
126 nor [email protected] OPEN bzImage build failure on input devices support as module
134 nor [email protected] OPEN 2.5.50 breaks pcmcia cards
135 nor [email protected] OPEN SB16/Alsa doesn't work
138 nor [email protected] OPEN Build error: drivers/video/sis/sis_main.h:299: parse erro...
142 low [email protected] OPEN problem with ver_linux script and procps version
143 nor [email protected] OPEN unable to read cd audio from atapi cdrom/cdrw/dvd device,...
145 nor [email protected] OPEN ALSA: SB-AWE ISA detection fails
149 nor [email protected] OPEN Laptop with touchpad and "pointer". Pointer never works
153 nor [email protected] OPEN compile failure on drivers/char/riscom8.c
154 nor [email protected] OPEN compile failure on drivers/char/esp.c
155 nor [email protected] OPEN compile failure on drivers/char/specialix.c
157 hig [email protected] OPEN Makefile bug? sound/synth/emux/built-in.o
158 nor [email protected] OPEN depmod should be in README
159 nor [email protected] OPEN compile failure on drivers/isdn/i4l/isdn_net_lib.c
160 nor [email protected] OPEN With 2 different nic on one system, dhcp configuration fails
161 nor [email protected] OPEN VESAfb in 2.5 somehow influences X resolution.
162 nor [email protected] OPEN compile failure on drivers/media/video/bttv-cards.c
164 nor [email protected] OPEN Linking Failure: drivers/built-in.o
167 nor [email protected] OPEN compile failure on drivers/media/video/zr36120.c
168 nor [email protected] OPEN compile failure on drivers/media/video/saa7185.c
169 nor [email protected] OPEN compile failure on drivers/media/video/bt819.c
171 nor [email protected] OPEN 2.5.51 at kb driver leaves kb ib state that prevents (sof...
172 nor [email protected] OPEN tdfxfb.c can't be compiled
174 nor [email protected] OPEN link failure in function dvb_generic_ioctl: undefined ref...
179 nor [email protected] OPEN boot from 21 sec/track floppy
183 nor [email protected] OPEN megaraid driver panics with IBM EXP300 enclosure
184 nor [email protected] OPEN Unresolved symbols in crypto modules.
185 low [email protected] OPEN mwave init yields: bad: scheduling while atomic!
188 nor [email protected] OPEN proc_pid_readdir() holds the tasklist_lock for excessive ...
189 nor [email protected] OPEN sscanf in lib/vsprintf.c ignores field width for numeric ...
190 low [email protected] OPEN Compile time warning in uart_get_divisor
191 nor [email protected] OPEN Panic on shutdown
192 nor [email protected] OPEN loop.c IV calculation is broken since 2.4.x
193 nor [email protected] OPEN sysrq umount bad ordering (real before loop)
194 blo [email protected] OPEN compilation fails (driver-Network)
5 nor [email protected] ASSI 64GB highmem BUG()
7 nor [email protected] ASSI file lock accounting broken
8 low [email protected] ASSI i2o_scsi does not handle reset properly
9 nor [email protected]... ASSI Ehci do not leave system in a sensible state for bios on ...
10 hig [email protected] ASSI USB HCs may have improper interrupt configuration with AC...
14 nor [email protected] ASSI No dri : unsupported Via chipset (device id: 3189)
15 nor [email protected] ASSI No dma on first hard drive
16 nor [email protected] ASSI reproduceable oops in lock_get_status
28 low [email protected] ASSI Compile time warnings from starfire driver (with PAE enab...
29 low [email protected] ASSI Debug: sleeping function called from illegal context at m...
36 nor [email protected] ASSI Long tape rewind causes abort on aic7xxx
37 nor [email protected] ASSI IDE problems on old pre-PCI HW
39 nor [email protected] ASSI undefined reference to `boot_gdt_table'
43 nor [email protected] ASSI e100 drivers crashes on non cache-coherent platforms
51 nor [email protected] ASSI isapnp does not register devices in /proc/isapnp
52 nor [email protected] ASSI aic7xxx driver fails to boot on netfinity 7000
53 nor [email protected] ASSI IDE cd-rom I/O error
63 nor [email protected] ASSI compile error with CONFIG_HUGETLB_PAGE yes
66 blo [email protected] ASSI SMP Kernel Compile for Sparc32 fails
71 hig [email protected] ASSI RTL8100BL (8139) do not work on acpi UP without local apic
83 low [email protected] ASSI Wish: ability to quickly cycle through (NEW) config options
100 nor [email protected] ASSI LTP - gettimeofday02 fails (time is going backwards)
105 nor [email protected] ASSI gettimeofday cripples system running with notsc
106 nor [email protected] ASSI sysfs hierarchy can begin to disintegrate
111 hig [email protected] ASSI hugetlbfs does not align pages
113 hig [email protected] ASSI CMD649 or ALI15X3 problem under 2.5.49 and since many pre...
119 nor [email protected] ASSI 2.5.49 - Dell Latitude weirdness at shutdown
123 blo [email protected] ASSI SiL 680 IDE controller has "issues"
130 hig [email protected] ASSI problems mounting root partition with 2.5.48+ kernels
131 nor [email protected] ASSI "hda: lost interrupt"; "hda: dma_intr: bad DMA status" on...
132 nor [email protected] ASSI windows ip check ARP packet replied by kernel when proxy_...
136 nor [email protected] ASSI FSID returned from statvfs always 0
140 nor [email protected] ASSI isp1020 driver reports error
146 low [email protected] ASSI Assertion failure in do_get_write_access() at fs/jbd/tra...
150 nor [email protected] ASSI [PNP][2.5] IDE Detection problems (wrong IRQ and wrong ID...
151 nor [email protected] ASSI compile failure on drivers/block/ps2esdi.c
156 nor [email protected] ASSI compile failure on drivers/ide/pci/nvidia.c
165 nor [email protected] ASSI Kernel crashes after stop network and remove e100.
166 nor [email protected] ASSI e100 spits out strange message during startup.
170 low [email protected] ASSI poisoned oops in dump_orphan_list
180 hig [email protected] ASSI Broken agpgart on i815 (maybe other ICH too)
94 bugs found.

2002-12-24 09:22:45

by Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk

Subject: Re: [STATUS 2.5] December 24, 2002

On Tuesday, December 24, 2002, at 07:49 AM, Guillaume Boissiere wrote:

> This week, support for sysenter and more bugs being filed in Bugzilla.
> The status page URL: http://www.kernelnewbies.org/status
>
> CURRENT BUGS IN BUGZILLA:
> 94 bugs found.

Why isn't there anything in here on TCQ? I mean - TCQ really isn't
stable...

roy

2002-12-24 17:15:47

by Rik van Riel

On Tue, 24 Dec 2002, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:
> On Tuesday, December 24, 2002, at 07:49 AM, Guillaume Boissiere wrote:
>
> > CURRENT BUGS IN BUGZILLA:
> > 94 bugs found.
>
> Why isn't there anything in here on TCQ? I mean - TCQ really isn't
> stable...

My guess is that nobody submitted a bug report about TCQ ;)

Rik
http://www.surriel.com/ http://guru.conectiva.com/
Current spamtrap: <a href=mailto:"[email protected]">[email protected]</a>

2002-12-25 21:21:37

by Alan

On Tue, 2002-12-24 at 17:23, Rik van Riel wrote:
> > stable...
>
> My guess is that nobody submitted a bug report about TCQ ;)

TCQ is completely broken on some controls. I know about it. I don't care
about it and I assume Jens will tidy it up when he has finished the more
important stuff. If not its no big deal to kill it until 2.7 - one
trivial config script change

2002-12-30 22:11:53

by Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk

> TCQ is completely broken on some controls. I know about it. I don't care
> about it and I assume Jens will tidy it up when he has finished the more
> important stuff. If not its no big deal to kill it until 2.7 - one
> trivial config script change

I've submitted a few bug reports. will they be considered?
--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk, Datavaktmester
ProntoTV AS - http://www.pronto.tv/

Computers are like air conditioners.

by Alan

On Mon, 2002-12-30 at 22:19, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:
> > TCQ is completely broken on some controls. I know about it. I don't care
> > about it and I assume Jens will tidy it up when he has finished the more
> > important stuff. If not its no big deal to kill it until 2.7 - one
> > trivial config script change
>
> I've submitted a few bug reports. will they be considered?

The bug reports are all there on record and useful. It depends if Jens
has time to fix it, or someone else does the job before we begin the
final stabilizing freeze

2002-12-31 13:20:29

by Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk

> > I've submitted a few bug reports. will they be considered?
>
> The bug reports are all there on record and useful. It depends if Jens
> has time to fix it, or someone else does the job before we begin the
> final stabilizing freeze

then perhaps it should go into the STATUS 2.5 ?

--

On Tue, 2002-12-31 at 13:28, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:
> > > I've submitted a few bug reports. will they be considered?
> >
> > The bug reports are all there on record and useful. It depends if Jens
> > has time to fix it, or someone else does the job before we begin the
> > final stabilizing freeze
>
> then perhaps it should go into the STATUS 2.5 ?

Maybe