2003-07-14 17:03:01

by Jindrich Makovicka

Subject: 2.6.0test1 - HPT374 kernel panic during booting

Hello,

I am still having trouble with getting the HPT374 driver work on an EPoX
8K9A3+ board with an integrated HPT374 controller. 2.6.0 ends with a
kernel panic in hpt372_tune_chipset when the driver is compiled in the
kernel, with hpt366 as a module the same error occurs, this time only
with a segfault. 2.4.21 behaves the similar way - with a monolitic
kernel it does a kernel panic, the module loads but doesn't find any
disk. The driver from Highpoint website works fine.

Please cc: any replies, I am not a subscriber.

Jindrich Makovicka

2003-07-16 14:52:44

by Alan

Subject: Re: 2.6.0test1 - HPT374 kernel panic during booting

On Llu, 2003-07-14 at 18:15, Jindrich Makovicka wrote:
> with a segfault. 2.4.21 behaves the similar way - with a monolitic
> kernel it does a kernel panic, the module loads but doesn't find any
> disk. The driver from Highpoint website works fine.

Is the same true with the 2.4.22-pre5/6 driver. I fixed a couple of
problems along the way with the newest firmware tickling a bug in our
driver and someone else fixed an overuse of __init