2003-07-28 10:25:53

by Jonas Bofjäll

Subject: FYI: TCQ ReiserFS Corruption on 2.6.0-test1-mm2

I use an IBM Deskstar 180GB IDE disk and tried out TCQ on 2.6.0-test1-mm2.
I have a VIA IDE interface on my A7V8X motherboard. This corrupted my
ReiserFS file system, just by running the same reiserfsck utility that
works well without TCQ. So at least on this disk/controller, IDE-TCQ
probably doesn't work well.

2003-07-28 21:15:10

by Ivan Gyurdiev

Subject: Re: FYI: TCQ ReiserFS Corruption on 2.6.0-test1-mm2

Jonas Bofjall wrote:
> I use an IBM Deskstar 180GB IDE disk and tried out TCQ on 2.6.0-test1-mm2.
> I have a VIA IDE interface on my A7V8X motherboard. This corrupted my
> ReiserFS file system, just by running the same reiserfsck utility that
> works well without TCQ. So at least on this disk/controller, IDE-TCQ
> probably doesn't work well.

What TCQ queue depth?
I'm curious, since I had *exactly* the same happen to me, but only
with depth 8 queue. Wondering if there is a connection....

2003-07-31 12:23:38

by Jonas Bofjäll

>> I use an IBM Deskstar 180GB IDE disk and tried out TCQ on
> What TCQ queue depth? I'm curious, since I had *exactly* the same
> happen to me, but only with depth 8 queue. Wondering if there is a

Yes, I only tried depth 8. I'll try another as soon as get all
data off the disk to a safer place :)