2003-09-18 09:27:44

by Koala GNU

Subject: cpu speed

Hi all,

I have a T21 thinkpad Pentium III 800 MHz.

I have redhat 8.0 with linux 2.4.18 installed on my machine.

Executing cat /proc/cpuinfo I noticed that cpu speed is 200 MHz.

Looking at BIOS the speed is correct.

Any idea?

PS

Please cc me in the answer I am not currently subscribed to the list.

Why am I contnuosly unsubscribed from the list?

Thanks

2003-09-18 13:37:30

by Rahul Karnik

Subject: Re: cpu speed

Koala GNU wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a T21 thinkpad Pentium III 800 MHz.
>
> I have redhat 8.0 with linux 2.4.18 installed on my machine.
>
> Executing cat /proc/cpuinfo I noticed that cpu speed is 200 MHz.
>
> Looking at BIOS the speed is correct.

Does this happen irrespective of whether you are plugged in to A/C power
at the time? Most laptops will go to lower speeds on battery (depending
on your setup in BIOS), and even if you plug in the power later,
/proc/cpuinfo is not updated. So please make sure you boot up with A/C
power and let us know if you see the same thing.

Thanks,
Rahul
--
Rahul Karnik
[email protected]

2003-09-18 14:30:07

by Mario Noioso

Koala GNU wrote:
>>Hi all,
>>I have a T21 thinkpad Pentium III 800 MHz.
>>I have redhat 8.0 with linux 2.4.18 installed on my machine.
>>Executing cat /proc/cpuinfo I noticed that cpu speed is 200 MHz.
>>Looking at BIOS the speed is correct.

Hi,
This steps are for you:
1. Go in bios setup
2. Select config/power
3. set to customized "power ac mode"
4. set to customized "power mode for battery"
5. set to fixed max processor speed

enjoy
http://neuromante.homelinux.com