2003-09-27 15:19:34

by Michal Kochanowicz

Subject: What to use with 2.6.x instead of iproute2?

Hi!

It seems that iproute2 is not maintained any more and it doesn't build
with kernel 2.6.0-test5.

What tool one should use to set the interfaces, bridges and such up on
2.6.x kernels?

--= Michal Kochanowicz =--==--==BOFH==--==--= [email protected] =--
--= finger me for PGP public key or visit http://michal.waw.pl/PGP =--
--==--==--==--==--==-- Vodka. Connecting people.--==--==--==--==--==--
A chodzenie po g?rach SSIE!!!

2003-09-27 16:11:18

by Kevin P. Fleming

Subject: Re: What to use with 2.6.x instead of iproute2?

Michal Kochanowicz wrote:

> Hi!
>
> It seems that iproute2 is not maintained any more and it doesn't build
> with kernel 2.6.0-test5.
>
> What tool one should use to set the interfaces, bridges and such up on
> 2.6.x kernels?
>
> Regards

Using the patches from RedHat's iproute2 SRPM I can build iproute2
against 2.6.0-test5 headers with no problems, and it works. With TC
support, even.

2003-09-29 15:29:16

by Kevin P. Fleming

Chris Friesen wrote:

> Is Alexey still the iproute2 maintainer? Has anyone sent him a patch
> for 2.6?

There are no patches to iproute2 required to get it to compile against
2.6 headers; the only patch required was to linux/netdevice.h, which
has been included in 2.6.0-test6.

However, it would be wonderful if someone knowledgeable could take
over maintainership of iproute2 if Alexey can no longer do it. It's in
a sorry state at the moment, and most distros ship significantly
patched versions.

2003-09-29 15:18:11

by Chris Friesen

Michal Kochanowicz wrote:
> Hi!
>
> It seems that iproute2 is not maintained any more and it doesn't build
> with kernel 2.6.0-test5.

Is Alexey still the iproute2 maintainer? Has anyone sent him a patch
for 2.6?

Chris

--
Chris Friesen | MailStop: 043/33/F10