2004-01-08 17:54:14

by Robert L. Harris

Subject: What driver for NetXtreme?

I just ordered an eval of a IBM server. This server is supposed to
have a Dual-Port NetXtreme Gigabit network card. Anyone have any idea
what drivers I'm going to need for this sucker?

:wq!
Robert L. Harris | GPG Key ID: E344DA3B
@ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
DISCLAIMER:
These are MY OPINIONS ALONE. I speak for no-one else.

Life is not a destination, it's a journey.
Microsoft produces 15 car pileups on the highway.
Don't stop traffic to stand and gawk at the tragedy.

Attachments:
(No filename) (623.00 B)
signature.asc (189.00 B)
Digital signature

by Xose Vazquez Perez

Subject: Re: What driver for NetXtreme?

Robert L. Harris wrote:

> I just ordered an eval of a IBM server. This server is supposed to
> have a Dual-Port NetXtreme Gigabit network card. Anyone have any idea
> what drivers I'm going to need for this sucker?

it's a broadcom NIC. The driver is tg3

2004-01-08 20:30:40

by J. Ryan Earl

Xose Vazquez Perez wrote:

>Robert L. Harris wrote:
>

>>I just ordered an eval of a IBM server. This server is supposed to
>>have a Dual-Port NetXtreme Gigabit network card. Anyone have any idea
>>what drivers I'm going to need for this sucker?
>>

>it's a broadcom NIC. The driver is tg3

I use Broadcom's driver for my bcm5702:
http://www.broadcom.com/drivers/downloaddrivers.php

They work great and enable all the hardware offload features. I used
version 2.2.34 on a server that had a 300 day uptime and it performed
flawlessly; perfectly stable and FAST.

-ryan