2007-02-01 06:57:55

by Trent Waddington

Subject: Mach-O loader

Anyone know if a loader for Mach-O binaries for Linux has been written?

Thanks,

Trent

2007-02-01 15:28:09

by Kyle Moffett

Subject: Re: Mach-O loader

On Feb 01, 2007, at 01:57:53, Trent Waddington wrote:
> Anyone know if a loader for Mach-O binaries for Linux has been
> written?

I started working on one a while ago but I ran out of time to
dedicate to the project. My schedule is opening up again, though, so
I plan to start working on it again. At this point I have most of
the actual loader code written, the problem is that the syscalls
between Linux and Darwin are very different and need a binary
translation layer which is still in the concept phase at this point. :-D

Cheers,
Kyle Moffett

2007-02-01 21:19:22

by Trent Waddington

On 2/2/07, Kyle Moffett <[email protected]> wrote:
> I started working on one a while ago but I ran out of time to
> dedicate to the project. My schedule is opening up again, though, so
> I plan to start working on it again. At this point I have most of
> the actual loader code written, the problem is that the syscalls
> between Linux and Darwin are very different and need a binary
> translation layer which is still in the concept phase at this point. :-D

I've written one before for the Boomerang[1] project. Don't worry
about the system calls, that's not the point. I do wonder if you can
mix Mach-O and ELF binaries in the same process however.. that would
be good. If you like, send me the code and I'll take a look at it.

Trent

[1] http://boomerang.sourceforge.net/ I don't work on this anymore
due to work constraints.