2001-03-26 17:27:13

by Roberto Fichera

Subject: Adaptec Array1000

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to configure this controller (chipset AAA-133U2 aka
AIC-78xx)
with one RAID5 hardware volume ? The kernel 2.2.16 see all the disks
(4x18Gb) but
don't see the unique volume.

Thanks in advance.

Roberto Fichera.

2001-03-26 17:55:13

by Justin T. Gibbs

Subject: Re: Adaptec Array1000

>Hi all,
>
>Does anyone know how to configure this controller (chipset AAA-133U2
>aka AIC-78xx) with one RAID5 hardware volume ? The kernel 2.2.16 see
>all the disks (4x18Gb) but don't see the unique volume.

These boards are not currently supported in RAID mode. Your
best bet is Linux MD.

--
Justin

2001-03-26 18:17:53

by Roberto Fichera

At 10.51 26/03/01 -0700, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:

> >Hi all,
> >
> >Does anyone know how to configure this controller (chipset AAA-133U2
> >aka AIC-78xx) with one RAID5 hardware volume ? The kernel 2.2.16 see
> >all the disks (4x18Gb) but don't see the unique volume.
>
>These boards are not currently supported in RAID mode. Your
>best bet is Linux MD.

Ok! As I was thinking, I must configure it with Linux MD.

Thanks.

Roberto Fichera.