2002-10-11 09:44:32

by Roger While

Subject: MTRR and SERVERWORKS

Why is MTRR disabled for SERVERWORKS chipset ?
It works fine on my Asus CUR-DLS after commenting the code out. (2.4 and
2.5)
Can we at least make it configurable ?

2002-10-11 12:25:01

by Alan

Subject: Re: MTRR and SERVERWORKS

On Fri, 2002-10-11 at 10:55, Roger While wrote:
> Why is MTRR disabled for SERVERWORKS chipset ?
> It works fine on my Asus CUR-DLS after commenting the code out. (2.4 and
> 2.5)
> Can we at least make it configurable ?

It was originally done for the OSB4. The patch is from Dell citing bugs
that can cause corruption. In the absence of more info I think its
better to be safe.

Adding an __setup() function for something like "mtrr_force" sounds a
good enough idea if you want to submit a patch for it