2004-01-14 23:08:08

by Ed Sweetman

Subject: 2.6.1-mm3 lm_sensors outdated?

sensors: numerical sysctl 7 2 1 is obsolete.
sensors: numerical sysctl 7 2 1 is obsolete.

I now get these warnings when loading the i2c via686a and viapro modules
in my dmesg output. Apparently this stops the modules from creating
sysfs entries that it used to be able to do in 2.6.0-mm1. Is this just
me or is this happening to everyone?

2004-01-14 23:24:10

by Greg KH

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 06:06:48PM -0500, Ed Sweetman wrote:
> sensors: numerical sysctl 7 2 1 is obsolete.
> sensors: numerical sysctl 7 2 1 is obsolete.
>
> I now get these warnings when loading the i2c via686a and viapro modules
> in my dmesg output.

These warnings are coming from userspace, not the modules.

I recommend upgrading to the latest release of lmsensors (they should be
making a new release any day now to handle 2.6.1 properly.)

thanks,

greg k-h

2004-01-15 02:55:15

by Ed Sweetman

Greg KH wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 06:06:48PM -0500, Ed Sweetman wrote:
>
>>sensors: numerical sysctl 7 2 1 is obsolete.
>>sensors: numerical sysctl 7 2 1 is obsolete.
>>
>>I now get these warnings when loading the i2c via686a and viapro modules
>> in my dmesg output.
>

> These warnings are coming from userspace, not the modules.
>
> I recommend upgrading to the latest release of lmsensors (they should be
> making a new release any day now to handle 2.6.1 properly.)

the modules themselves aren't making sysfs entries and lm_sensors is
integrated with the kernel. so i tried sensors just in case and didn't
realize it would output messages into the message log and not terminal.
In any case, i was simply wondering if the kernel's lm_sensors was
outdated or if i was running into a compilation or configuration problem
brought on by any recent changes. It would appear though that the
sensors in the kernel are incompatible with the kernel, at least some of
them.