2003-07-21 08:35:55

by Pavel Machek

Subject: 2.6.0: characters repeated when *pasting*?!

Hi!

I copied text [email protected] (using gpm), pasted it to emacs (right
mouse button) in another console and it came out as
[email protected]. That looks extremely weird and suggests that
repeated characters are indeed software problem.

Its not reproducible, and nothing interesting in logs :-(.
Pavel
[Johanka's followup: and *two* hearts?]

2003-07-21 09:03:43

by John Bradford

Subject: Re: 2.6.0: characters repeated when *pasting*?!

> I copied text [email protected] (using gpm), pasted it to emacs (right
> mouse button) in another console and it came out as
> [email protected]. That looks extremely weird and suggests that
> repeated characters are indeed software problem.
>
> Its not reproducible, and nothing interesting in logs :-(.

Hmmm, are you sure you hadn't pressed meta-6 before pasting it in?

John.

2003-07-21 19:23:05

by Pavel Machek

Hi!

> > I copied text [email protected] (using gpm), pasted it to emacs (right
> > mouse button) in another console and it came out as
> > [email protected]. That looks extremely weird and suggests that
> > repeated characters are indeed software problem.
> >
> > Its not reproducible, and nothing interesting in logs :-(.
>
> Hmmm, are you sure you hadn't pressed meta-6 before pasting it in?

I can't be sure... I do not think I pressed that, but it certainly is
possible that I wanted to switch consoles and pressed that by mistake.

Pavel
[Johanka's followup: and *two* hearts?]

2003-07-21 19:40:41

by Charles Lepple

Pavel Machek said:
> Hi!
>
>> > I copied text [email protected] (using gpm), pasted it to emacs (right
>> > mouse button) in another console and it came out as
>> > [email protected]. That looks extremely weird and suggests that
>> > repeated characters are indeed software problem.
>> >
>> > Its not reproducible, and nothing interesting in logs :-(.
>>
>> Hmmm, are you sure you hadn't pressed meta-6 before pasting it in?
>
> I can't be sure... I do not think I pressed that, but it certainly is
> possible that I wanted to switch consoles and pressed that by mistake.

you can use "C-h l" (or "F1 l") next time to see emacs' idea of the last
few keystrokes. I'm guessing it was meta-6 or ctrl-u (if it was only four
'o's).

--
Charles Lepple <[email protected]>
http://www.ghz.cc/charles/