2004-03-16 03:58:59

by Mike Fedyk

Subject: Does "ALI M15x3 chipset support" in drivers/ide support SATA PCI cards?

Hi,

I'm looking at non-SIL3112 based SATA PCI cards, and came across some
ALI M1583 based SATA controllers.

Should I have a smooth ride with these cards in Linux?

Thanks,

Mike

2004-03-16 04:21:15

by Jeff Garzik

Mike Fedyk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking at non-SIL3112 based SATA PCI cards, and came across some
> ALI M1583 based SATA controllers.
>
> Should I have a smooth ride with these cards in Linux?

I haven't seen support for ALi SATA in the IDE driver nor libata...

Jeff

2004-03-16 04:29:51

by OsamaBinAry/TEG

I bet it doesn't. I currently using that driver for my Ali M1533
southbridge for my ata33 ide bus.

Regards,

OsamaBinAry/TEG
http://www.tegperu.org

Mike Fedyk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking at non-SIL3112 based SATA PCI cards, and came across some
> ALI M1583 based SATA controllers.
>
> Should I have a smooth ride with these cards in Linux?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike
> -
> linux-kernel" in

by Mike Fedyk

Jeff Garzik wrote:
> Mike Fedyk wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm looking at non-SIL3112 based SATA PCI cards, and came across some
>> ALI M1583 based SATA controllers.
>>
>> Should I have a smooth ride with these cards in Linux?
>

> I haven't seen support for ALi SATA in the IDE driver nor libata...

Thanks Jeff,

I'll stick with the Promise and High Point based cards I saw instead.

Mike