2004-06-11 21:12:56

by Bernhard Wesely

Subject: Typo in fs/smbfs/file.c

Hello,

I recently compiled 2.6.6 and got a gcc warning:

CC fs/smbfs/file.o
fs/smbfs/file.c: In function `smb_file_sendfile':
fs/smbfs/file.c:274: warning: unknown conversion type character `z' in format
fs/smbfs/file.c:274: warning: too many arguments for format

Well, there seems to be a "z" instead of a "Z". I changed it and the
compile went cleanly. I downloaded the source of 2.6.7-rc3 and the typo
was still there.

The fixed line looks like:

PARANOIA("%s/%s validation failed, error=%Zd\n", DENTRY_PATH(dentry),
status);

Please CC any answers to me directly as I'm not subscribed to this list.

Bye, Bernhard Wesely

2004-06-11 21:53:30

by Jörn Engel

Subject: Re: Typo in fs/smbfs/file.c

On Fri, 11 June 2004 23:14:51 +0200, Bernhard Wesely wrote:

> I recently compiled 2.6.6 and got a gcc warning:
>
> CC fs/smbfs/file.o
> fs/smbfs/file.c: In function `smb_file_sendfile':
> fs/smbfs/file.c:274: warning: unknown conversion type character `z' in format
> fs/smbfs/file.c:274: warning: too many arguments for format
>
> Well, there seems to be a "z" instead of a "Z". I changed it and the
> compile went cleanly. I downloaded the source of 2.6.7-rc3 and the typo
> was still there.
>
> The fixed line looks like:
>
> PARANOIA("%s/%s validation failed, error=%Zd\n", DENTRY_PATH(dentry),
> status);

Just forwarding to the correct hands (as of MAINTAINERS file).

J?rn

--
The wise man seeks everything in himself; the ignorant man tries to get
everything from somebody else.

2004-06-12 09:15:59

by Nick Warne

I reported this sometime back, and it appears it's not so much of a
typo, but GCC allows both in some cases - but not _my_ GCC.

http://lkml.org/lkml/2004/3/14/53

I have to change to upper case 'Z' every new build to get it to build
clean.

Nick

--
"When you're chewing on life's gristle,