2004-06-24 11:43:25

by Vladimir V. Saveliev

Subject: [2.6.7-mm[12]] kernel BUG at include/linux/list.h:164!

Hello

It appears regularly when I try to compile
http://thebsh.namesys.com/snapshots/2004.03.26/reiser4progs-0.5.3.tar.gz

Well, on 2.6.7-mm1 it breaks easier. on 2.6.7-mm2 - it manages to
compelte once.

(gdb) bt
#0 0xc013c75a in anon_vma_unlink (vma=0xcdb7a3c0) at
include/linux/list.h:164
Cannot access memory at address 0xc013c738

Has anyone ever seen something similar? Is there workaround already?
I would be glad to perform any tests to help fixing this

2004-06-24 13:03:09

by Hugh Dickins

Subject: Re: [2.6.7-mm[12]] kernel BUG at include/linux/list.h:164!

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004, Vladimir V. Saveliev wrote:

> It appears regularly when I try to compile
> http://thebsh.namesys.com/snapshots/2004.03.26/reiser4progs-0.5.3.tar.gz
>
> Well, on 2.6.7-mm1 it breaks easier. on 2.6.7-mm2 - it manages to
> compelte once.
>
> (gdb) bt
> #0 0xc013c75a in anon_vma_unlink (vma=0xcdb7a3c0) at
> include/linux/list.h:164
> Cannot access memory at address 0xc013c738
>
> Has anyone ever seen something similar? Is there workaround already?

Haven't seen or heard of that, no, so no workaround yet.
The finger of blame points to me, but I don't know what's up.

> I would be glad to perform any tests to help fixing this

Thank you, much appreciated. Let's leave lkml off for now (don't
want my foolishness exposed to public gaze!), I'll mail you privately.

Hugh