2004-06-26 10:00:19

by Nick Piggin

Subject: 2.6.7-np1

http://www.kerneltrap.org/~npiggin/2.6.7-np1.gz

This applies against 2.6.7-mm2 and 2.6.7-bk8 with some offsets.

It contains some CPU scheduler and memory management work. If
you have any interactivity or swapping problems, please try it.

Make sure to give X a priority of about -10 for best results.

renice -10 `pidof X`

2004-06-26 12:26:12

by Prakash K. Cheemplavam

Subject: Re: 2.6.7-np1

Hi,

Nick Piggin wrote:
> http://www.kerneltrap.org/~npiggin/2.6.7-np1.gz
>
> This applies against 2.6.7-mm2 and 2.6.7-bk8 with some offsets.

it breaks a bit hfs(+) and reiser4: Somehow PageActive() seems to be
gone...so I cannot compile.

Prakash

2004-06-27 02:41:09

by Nick Piggin

Prakash K. Cheemplavam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Nick Piggin wrote:
>
>> http://www.kerneltrap.org/~npiggin/2.6.7-np1.gz
>>
>> This applies against 2.6.7-mm2 and 2.6.7-bk8 with some offsets.
>

> it breaks a bit hfs(+) and reiser4: Somehow PageActive() seems to be
> gone...so I cannot compile.

Hmm thanks, I obviously can't use grep. I'll fix hfs.

PageActive is replaced with PageActiveMapped and PageActiveUnmapped.