2005-04-06 12:14:54

by Joe Button

Subject: 2.6.12-rc1: Mouse stopped working

Hi.

My mouse stopped working in x.org with 2.6.12-rc1. Problem is still there in
2.6.12-rc2. Works on 2.6.11.x with same .config (except for make oldconfig /
defaults).

Mouse is ImPs2, xorg.conf is using /dev/input/mouse0, which seems to be
present. Board is Asus p4p800 deluxe.

More info available on request.

I'm not subscribed to the list so please cc any response.

Cheers,

Joe

2005-04-06 13:46:33

by Benoit Boissinot

Subject: Re: 2.6.12-rc1: Mouse stopped working

On Apr 6, 2005 8:19 AM, Joe Button <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> My mouse stopped working in x.org with 2.6.12-rc1. Problem is still there in
> 2.6.12-rc2. Works on 2.6.11.x with same .config (except for make oldconfig /
> defaults).
>
> Mouse is ImPs2, xorg.conf is using /dev/input/mouse0, which seems to be
> present. Board is Asus p4p800 deluxe.

Maybe you can try using /dev/input/mice, or if there is one, /dev/input/mouse1.

regards,

Benoit

2005-04-06 13:46:52

by Helge Hafting

Joe Button wrote:

>Hi.
>
>My mouse stopped working in x.org with 2.6.12-rc1. Problem is still there in
>2.6.12-rc2. Works on 2.6.11.x with same .config (except for make oldconfig /
>defaults).
>
>Mouse is ImPs2, xorg.conf is using /dev/input/mouse0, which seems to be
>present. Board is Asus p4p800 deluxe.

Yes, but it may have moved to mouse1 or some such.
Do you have a fancy keyboard with a wheel (perhaps a
volume control) on it? That may have become
a "mouse" now.

If this is a single-seat computer, simply use /dev/mice.
If not, try the various mouseX devices till you find the right one.

Helge Hafting

2005-04-06 14:38:33

by Joe Button

On Wednesday 06 April 2005 14:50, Helge Hafting wrote:
> Joe Button wrote:
> >My mouse stopped working in x.org with 2.6.12-rc1. Problem is still there
> > in 2.6.12-rc2. Works on 2.6.11.x with same .config (except for make
> > oldconfig / defaults).
>
> Yes, but it may have moved to mouse1 or some such.
> Do you have a fancy keyboard with a wheel (perhaps a
> volume control) on it? That may have become
> a "mouse" now.

Aha, /dev/input/mouse1 works. Thanks Helge and Benoit. No fancy keyboard,
wheels etc so I don't know why it's moved.

Aside: I guess this sort of thing's why people keep complaining about the 2.6
series not being 'stable' enough. Not a huge deal here though.