2005-09-15 20:59:13

by Pierre Ossman

Subject: ipw2200 using old wireless extensions

With the inclusion of the ipw2200 driver and the update of the wireless
extensions I get my dmesg flooded with these:

eth0 (WE) : Driver using old /proc/net/wireless support, please fix driver !

Somebody please make the hurting go away :)

Rgds
Pierre

2005-09-15 21:14:07

by Alejandro Bonilla

Subject: RE: ipw2200 using old wireless extensions

> With the inclusion of the ipw2200 driver and the update of
> the wireless
> extensions I get my dmesg flooded with these:
>
> eth0 (WE) : Driver using old /proc/net/wireless support,
> please fix driver !
>
> Somebody please make the hurting go away :)

Yes, we all are aware and getting dmesg spammed with these messages. Even
more if you have a Wireless Monitor applet that reads from the /proc
everytime.

Fix is on the way AFAIK.

.Alejandro

2005-09-19 18:57:49

by Bill Davidsen

Pierre Ossman wrote:
> With the inclusion of the ipw2200 driver and the update of the wireless
> extensions I get my dmesg flooded with these:
>
> eth0 (WE) : Driver using old /proc/net/wireless support, please fix driver !
>
> Somebody please make the hurting go away :)

Is this related to using the old 1.0.0 driver instead of current? I
asked why and never got an answer, so ???
--
-bill davidsen ([email protected])

by Jeff Garzik

Bill Davidsen wrote:
> Pierre Ossman wrote:
>
>> With the inclusion of the ipw2200 driver and the update of the wireless
>> extensions I get my dmesg flooded with these:
>>
>> eth0 (WE) : Driver using old /proc/net/wireless support, please fix
>> driver !
>>
>> Somebody please make the hurting go away :)
>

> Is this related to using the old 1.0.0 driver instead of current? I
> asked why and never got an answer, so ???

Because we're waiting on Intel, or someone, to update the driver properly.

Jeff

2005-09-19 20:56:31

by Bill Davidsen

Jeff Garzik wrote:

> Bill Davidsen wrote:
>
>> Pierre Ossman wrote:
>>
>>> With the inclusion of the ipw2200 driver and the update of the wireless
>>> extensions I get my dmesg flooded with these:
>>>
>>> eth0 (WE) : Driver using old /proc/net/wireless support, please fix
>>> driver !
>>>
>>> Somebody please make the hurting go away :)
>>

>> Is this related to using the old 1.0.0 driver instead of current? I
>> asked why and never got an answer, so ???
>

> Because we're waiting on Intel, or someone, to update the driver
> properly.

Okay, I'll continue to do the upgrade manually.

--
bill davidsen <[email protected]>
CTO TMR Associates, Inc

by Andreas Happe

On 2005-09-19, Jeff Garzik <[email protected]> wrote:
> Bill Davidsen wrote:
>> Is this related to using the old 1.0.0 driver instead of current? I
>> asked why and never got an answer, so ???
>
> Because we're waiting on Intel, or someone, to update the driver properly.
>
> Jeff

Would it be possible to rate limit the warning messages (if the full
solution will take longer)? my dmesg is filled rather quick with those
messages (ipw2100).

Andreas Happe

2005-09-21 11:56:05

by Mateusz Berezecki

Jeff Garzik <[email protected]> wrote:
| Bill Davidsen wrote:
| >Pierre Ossman wrote:
| >
| >>With the inclusion of the ipw2200 driver and the update of the wireless
| >>extensions I get my dmesg flooded with these:
| >>
| >>eth0 (WE) : Driver using old /proc/net/wireless support, please fix
| >>driver !
| >>
| >>Somebody please make the hurting go away :)

Where should I take a look for new WE code ? and hints on how to use
it? :-P

kind regards,
Mateusz

--
@..@ Mateusz Berezecki
(----) [email protected] http://mateusz.agrest.org

Attachments:
(No filename) (631.00 B)
signature.asc (189.00 B)
Digital signature

by Benoit Boissinot

On 9/21/05, Mateusz Berezecki <[email protected]> wrote:
> Jeff Garzik <[email protected]> wrote:
> | Bill Davidsen wrote:

> Where should I take a look for new WE code ? and hints on how to use
> it? :-P

There are patches for upstream that were posted on the ipw2100-devel
mailing list.

regards,

Benoit