2004-11-03 08:16:52

by James Tabor

Subject: IT/ITE 8212 IDE Controller Status

Hi,
I have applied Alan Cox patch to 2.6.9 and it works with my CompUSA PCI-8212 controller
card. I have a OptoRite DVD-+R/W running w/o any errors. I can burn and read cd's (/dev/hde),
etc..

I noticed that the it8212 patch was not included in the 2.6.9 release. So,,,,
What is the status with having the controller patch included in 2.6.10?

Thanks,
James

Using Linux since 0.99.12 August 1993

by Alan

Subject: Re: IT/ITE 8212 IDE Controller Status

I'm working on it. Some people (notably those with rev 0x10) are hitting
bugs in smart mode I need to deal with yet. Also there are a couple of
core changes it depends upon which Bartlomiej should be merging and then
some new changes I've proposed to clean stuff up.

It's getting there bit by bit.