2004-11-08 07:13:51

by mike lee

Subject: About Tasklet scheduling

Dear all

I am new to kernel driver development. Thanks for any help.

I am modifing a USB Ramdisk to a USB mass storage(MTD) driver in a
dragonball ARM9 platform. I stop when using tasklet. The USB driver
setup with endpoint 1 and 2 to be Interrupt IN and OUT point. So when
ever there is a interrupt , I schedule the tasklet to read or write with
semphone variable protection.
The problem i am facing is that the read/write process is TOO SLOW
for the host to response. I have tried to not use tasklet and call the
read/write function directly, it works with small file but "schedule in
interrupt" oops prompt out when transfer a large file . I have also try
to use spin_lock_irqsave.. but it will stop the interrupt...

I am in a hurry on this. Please give me a hand.

Thanks

Mike,Lee