2005-01-01 14:58:34

by Christoph Anton Mitterer

Subject: problem with kernel bootparameters when using UDF fs support together with XFS quotas

Hi.

I'm using UDF filesystem support (CONFIG_UDF_FS) and quota support for
XFS (CONFIG_XFS_QUOTA) in my kernel.
Because I have to enable quota-controll on the root partition I append
"rootflags=usrquota" to my kernel boot parameters.
The XFS quota works fine now but it seems that the UDF driver has also
an option called "rootflags":
"udf: bad mount option "usrquota" or missing value"

Is there any way to avoid this?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings,
cam.

Attachments:
cam.vcf (450.00 B)
signature.asc (189.00 B)
OpenPGP digital signature

by Olaf Hering

On Sat, Jan 01, Christoph Anton Mitterer wrote:

> I'm using UDF filesystem support (CONFIG_UDF_FS) and quota support for
> XFS (CONFIG_XFS_QUOTA) in my kernel.
> Because I have to enable quota-controll on the root partition I append
> "rootflags=usrquota" to my kernel boot parameters.
> The XFS quota works fine now but it seems that the UDF driver has also
> an option called "rootflags":
> "udf: bad mount option "usrquota" or missing value"

rootfstype=xfs should fix it.

2005-01-03 09:46:04

Olaf Hering wrote:

> rootfstype=xfs should fix it.