2005-01-12 12:06:12

by krishna

Subject: LIRC for Infra Red port.

Hi all,

I am working on LIRC-serial.

But in my main board I also have Infra Red Port. I don't want to use the
serial port so that it I can use for some other purpose.
Does any one know How could I use the IR port instead of Serial port.

Regards,
Krishna Chaitanya

2005-01-12 12:10:53

by Jan Engelhardt

Subject: Re: LIRC for Infra Red port.

> Hi all,
>
> I am working on LIRC-serial.
>
> But in my main board I also have Infra Red Port. I don't want to use the serial
> port so that it I can use for some other purpose.
> Does any one know How could I use the IR port instead of Serial port.

The BIOS has a switch to reserve COM2 (maybe others) for IR, hopefully.

Jan Engelhardt
--
ENOSPC

2005-01-12 12:31:02

by Prakash K. Cheemplavam

Jan Engelhardt schrieb:
>>Hi all,
>>
>> I am working on LIRC-serial.
>>
>>But in my main board I also have Infra Red Port. I don't want to use the serial
>>port so that it I can use for some other purpose.
>>Does any one know How could I use the IR port instead of Serial port.
>

> The BIOS has a switch to reserve COM2 (maybe others) for IR, hopefully.

Or in other words: You'll loose your serial port either way...

Prakash

Attachments:
signature.asc (189.00 B)
OpenPGP digital signature