2005-01-27 07:10:32

by cranium2003

Subject: dmesg command output

Hello,
How to get max output from dmesg command.I have
inserted a lot debug messages to check kernel trace
and now want to get nearly all output from dmesg since
linux startup.Is that possible? or at least can
anybody help to have dmesg give max output. On my RH9
i386 arch i got 16kb output from dmesg. how to
increase it?
reagrds,
cranium.

http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo

2005-01-27 13:05:02

by Michal Schmidt

Subject: Re: dmesg command output

cranium2003 wrote:
> [...] On my RH9
> i386 arch i got 16kb output from dmesg. how to
> increase it?

man dmesg (parameter -s).
You may also want to increase the kernel buffer size in General Setup ->
Kernel log buffer size (CONFIG_LOG_BUF_SHIFT).

Michal