2005-02-22 07:38:16

by linux lover

Subject: Which types of functions are exported by kernel source?

Hello,
While browsing linux source code what i found
that if function is defined as
asmlinkage long sys_open(const char * filename, int
flags, int mode)
then its not exported to kenrel and thus not seen in
/proc/ksyms. But if function in kernel source is not
defined with asmlinkage then it is exported to kernel
and seen in /proc/ksyms.
Is that correct??
regards,
linux_lover.

http://my.yahoo.com

2005-02-22 08:01:41

by Raj

>/proc/ksyms. But if function in kernel source is not
>defined with asmlinkage then it is exported to kernel
>and seen in /proc/ksyms.
> Is that correct??

I dont think so. Only symbols explicitly exported via EXPORT_SYMBOL
macro are exported. asmlinkage keyword has nothing to do with symbol
exporting.

Regards,
Inguva