2007-02-03 20:10:47

by Willy Tarreau

Subject: Linux 2.4.34.1

Hi all,

activity has been very calm for 2.4 since 2.4.34. Three minor fixes
were pending, and I finally decided to release 2.4.34.1 with them
instead of keeping them in the fridge. Upgrade is recommended for
users of smbfs with unix extension, since a security fix in 2.4.34
broke symlinks. Special thanks to Dann Frazier, Santiago Garcia
and Grant Coady who did the boring work of tracking and fixing the
problem.

The files are located at the usual places. Please give it some time
to sync between the servers, and preferably use ftp2.kernel.org.

Regards,
Willy

Summary of changes from v2.4.34 to v2.4.34.1

Christian Praehauser (1):
[NET] ethernet: Fix first packet goes out with MAC 00:00:00:00:00:00

dann frazier (1):
smbfs: fix problems introduced by last security backport

Oliver Neukum (1):
proper locking on disconnect for mdc800

Willy Tarreau (1):
Change VERSION to 2.4.34.1

2007-02-03 20:29:03

by Willy Tarreau

Subject: Re: Linux 2.4.34.1

On Sat, Feb 03, 2007 at 08:10:45PM +0000, Willy Tarreau wrote:

> The files are located at the usual places. Please give it some time
> to sync between the servers, and preferably use ftp2.kernel.org.

I forgot to tell about the important part for GIT users. As Greg KH
recommended to me when I opened the 2.4-stable branch, I have created
separate trees for 2.4.33.y and 2.4.34.y. In order to make it easier
for people (and possibly automated scripts) to find those trees, Greg
and Chris accepted that I stored these trees close to theirs, in the
/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable directory.

Unless someone stops me with a good reason (which I doubt), I will
soon remove the old 2.4-stable tree in my own GIT directory to
avoid confusing duplicates and to save disk space. However, standard
2.4 will stay there of course.

Regards,
Willy

2007-02-03 21:56:30

by Grant Coady

On Sat, 3 Feb 2007 20:10:45 +0000, Willy Tarreau <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>activity has been very calm for 2.4 since 2.4.34. Three minor fixes
>were pending, and I finally decided to release 2.4.34.1 with them
>instead of keeping them in the fridge. Upgrade is recommended for
>users of smbfs with unix extension, since a security fix in 2.4.34
>broke symlinks. Special thanks to Dann Frazier, Santiago Garcia
>and Grant Coady who did the boring work of tracking and fixing the
>problem.
>
>The files are located at the usual places. Please give it some time
>to sync between the servers, and preferably use ftp2.kernel.org.

Hi Willy,

Done, runs okay here ;)

Grant.