2005-03-04 07:59:22

by Bennie Kahler-Venter

Subject: v.2.6.11 mouse still losing sync and thus jumping around

Using SuSE 9.1 Professional with kernel 2.6.11 running on a AOpen 1845
Laptop.

Currently running without APM & ACPI

If I turn either or both on I get an erratic mouse and entries such as
these:
Mar 3 15:06:55 bventer01 kernel: psmouse.c: Mouse at
isa0060/serio2/input0 lost synchronization, throwing 2 bytes away.
Mar 3 15:07:23 bventer01 kernel: psmouse.c: Mouse at
isa0060/serio2/input0 lost synchronization, throwing 2 bytes away.

Kernels 2.6.x all reproduce the above symptoms. I'm currently running
on 2.6.11

Must say that the occurance of these erratic problems are a lot less in
2.6.11 but they still persist. I did do a test to see if it was ACPI
related.

With ACPI and APM turned on and when I restart "powersaved" mouse goes
crazy without me touching it. I'm not too sure how to progress to
locate/fix this problem.

Tnx & Bi
Bennie Kahler-Venter

2005-03-04 13:40:35

by Bennie Kahler-Venter

Find attached the updated psmouse-resend patch for 2.6.11.

It fixes most of the lost-sync problems for the ps2 mouse but not all of
them. I might have picked the wrong struct members for v.2.6.11

Tnx & Bi
Bennie Kahler-Venter

Attachments:
psmouse-resend-2_6_11-v1.patch.gz (1.52 kB)

2005-03-04 14:25:15

by Bennie Kahler-Venter

Oops - made a small mistake - new patch

Find attached the updated psmouse-resend patch for 2.6.11.

It fixes most of the lost-sync problems for the ps2 mouse but not all of
them. I might have picked the wrong struct members for v.2.6.11

Tnx & Bi
Bennie Kahler-Venter

Attachments:
psmouse-resend-2_6_11-v2.patch.gz (1.52 kB)

2005-03-04 15:29:39

by Dmitry Torokhov

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 16:22:35 +0200, Bennie Kahler-Venter
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Oops - made a small mistake - new patch
>
> Find attached the updated psmouse-resend patch for 2.6.11.
>
> It fixes most of the lost-sync problems for the ps2 mouse but not all of
> them. I might have picked the wrong struct members for v.2.6.11

Please do not use this patch - it looks it based on one of the earlier
versions and may cause mouse disappear if it signals timeout
condition.

I am not quite sure why you could not compile with the patch I sent. I
have just applied it to vanilla 2.6.11 tree and it was built just
fine. In case my patch somehow got mangled onl its way to you try
grabbing one from here:

http://www.geocities.com/dt_or/input/2_6_11/

--
Dmitry