2005-03-02 11:14:47

by Nick Piggin

Subject: [patch] nicksched for 2.6.11

I've had a few queries about this, so by "popular" demand, I've
put my latest nicksched stuff here:

http://www.kerneltrap.org/~npiggin/2.6.11-nicksched.gz

It includes all the multiprocessor stuff that's in -mm, and also
my alternate scheduler policy.

Nick

2005-03-05 11:50:59

by Prakash Punnoor

Subject: Re: [patch] nicksched for 2.6.11

Nick Piggin schrieb:
> I've had a few queries about this, so by "popular" demand, I've
> put my latest nicksched stuff here:
>
> http://www.kerneltrap.org/~npiggin/2.6.11-nicksched.gz
>
> It includes all the multiprocessor stuff that's in -mm, and also
> my alternate scheduler policy.

Hi,

just to make sure, is it still advised to renice X when using your scheduler?

--
Prakash Punnoor

formerly known as Prakash K. Cheemplavam

Attachments:
signature.asc (189.00 B)
OpenPGP digital signature

2005-03-07 06:02:51

by Nick Piggin

Prakash Punnoor wrote:
> Nick Piggin schrieb:
>
>>I've had a few queries about this, so by "popular" demand, I've
>>put my latest nicksched stuff here:
>>
>>http://www.kerneltrap.org/~npiggin/2.6.11-nicksched.gz
>>
>>It includes all the multiprocessor stuff that's in -mm, and also
>>my alternate scheduler policy.
>

> Hi,
>
> just to make sure, is it still advised to renice X when using your scheduler?

Yes it is. I have a hack in there that automatically renices any
binary starting with 'XF' to -10 for people who forget. So this
includes XFree86, though maybe it doesn't get the x.org server?

Nick

2005-03-07 13:46:09

by Felipe Alfaro Solana

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 17:02:43 +1100, Nick Piggin <[email protected]> wrote:
> Yes it is. I have a hack in there that automatically renices any
> binary starting with 'XF' to -10 for people who forget. So this
> includes XFree86, though maybe it doesn't get the x.org server?

X.org's X server binary is called "Xorg", though sometimes it's called
"X" (a symbolic link to Xorg).