2005-03-08 21:23:37

by Hamie

Subject: F5 kernel source mods released

F5 (Manufacturers of the BigIP load balancers) have released their
modified kernel sources & any other bits that are obliged under the GPL
for their Linux (2.4.21 it looks like) based version 9.x of bigIP. If
customers wish to get hold of the sources, then there is a solution note
on theoir website with instructions on how to get the code.

I haven't tried compiling it yet to see that it's complete, but if
anyone would like it uploaded somewhere for playing with let me know.

Hamish Marson.

2005-03-12 00:04:08

by Bill Whitson

Subject: Re: [load balancing] F5 kernel source mods released

Before anyone gets too excited, the modifications to the GPL licensed code
will not provide you with a working load-balancer, or anything remotely
close. The majority of the traffic processing in BIG-IP version 9.x is
handled by the traffic management microkernel, which is unique code.

Sorry, you can't hack together your own version of BIG-IP ;).

--
Bill Whitson
Solutions Engineer

Desk: 206-272-6587
Mobile: 206-604-7048
[email protected]

AskF5: http://tech.f5.com/

On 3/8/05 1:29 AM, "Hamie" <[email protected]> wrote:

> F5 (Manufacturers of the BigIP load balancers) have released their
> modified kernel sources & any other bits that are obliged under the GPL
> for their Linux (2.4.21 it looks like) based version 9.x of bigIP. If
> customers wish to get hold of the sources, then there is a solution note
> on theoir website with instructions on how to get the code.
>
> I haven't tried compiling it yet to see that it's complete, but if
> anyone would like it uploaded somewhere for playing with let me know.
>
> Hamish Marson.

by Shayne Stubbs

Can you still post it?

- shayne