2019-05-20 21:46:01

by Stephen Rothwell

Subject: linux-next: Fixes tag needs some work in the jc_docs tree

Hi all,

In commit

9eaa65e8aad5 ("scripts/spdxcheck.py: Add dual license subdirectory")

Fixes tag

Fixes: 99871f2f9a4d ("scripts/spdxcheck.py: Fix path to deprecated licenses")

has these problem(s):

- Target SHA1 does not exist

Did you mean

Fixes: e6d319f68d4d ("scripts/spdxcheck.py: Fix path to deprecated licenses")

Stephen Rothwell

Attachments:
(No filename) (499.00 B)
OpenPGP digital signature

2019-05-20 21:55:52

by Jonathan Corbet

On Tue, 21 May 2019 07:44:35 +1000
Stephen Rothwell <[email protected]> wrote:

> In commit
>
> 9eaa65e8aad5 ("scripts/spdxcheck.py: Add dual license subdirectory")
>
> Fixes tag
>
> Fixes: 99871f2f9a4d ("scripts/spdxcheck.py: Fix path to deprecated licenses")
>
> has these problem(s):
>
> - Target SHA1 does not exist
>
> Did you mean
>
> Fixes: e6d319f68d4d ("scripts/spdxcheck.py: Fix path to deprecated licenses")

Argh, sorry, I should have caught that. Fixed, thanks.

jon

2019-05-21 07:15:00

by Sven Eckelmann

On Monday, 20 May 2019 23:44:35 CEST Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In commit
>
> 9eaa65e8aad5 ("scripts/spdxcheck.py: Add dual license subdirectory")
>
> Fixes tag
>
> Fixes: 99871f2f9a4d ("scripts/spdxcheck.py: Fix path to deprecated licenses")
[...]

Sorry, my fault. I actually meant 8ea8814fcdcb ("LICENSES: Clearly mark dual
license only licenses") at both places in the commit message.

Anything which can be done from my site?

Kind regards,
Sven

Attachments:
signature.asc (849.00 B)
This is a digitally signed message part.

2019-05-21 07:19:46

by Sven Eckelmann

On Monday, 20 May 2019 23:54:23 CEST Jonathan Corbet wrote:
[...]
> Argh, sorry, I should have caught that. Fixed, thanks.

Thanks for trying. Unfortunately it was changed to the wrong value. The actual
commit I wanted to reference in both places of the commit message was:

8ea8814fcdcb ("LICENSES: Clearly mark dual license only licenses")

It seems I've copied the wrong commit id for some reason when I send it though
the git-fixes alias and it didn't occur to me that I just referenced my own
patch. Sorry about the confusion.

Kind regards,
Sven

Attachments:
signature.asc (849.00 B)
This is a digitally signed message part.

2019-05-21 15:33:00

by Jonathan Corbet

On Tue, 21 May 2019 09:18:21 +0200
Sven Eckelmann <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Monday, 20 May 2019 23:54:23 CEST Jonathan Corbet wrote:
> [...]
> > Argh, sorry, I should have caught that. Fixed, thanks.
>
> Thanks for trying. Unfortunately it was changed to the wrong value. The actual
> commit I wanted to reference in both places of the commit message was:
>
> 8ea8814fcdcb ("LICENSES: Clearly mark dual license only licenses")
>
> It seems I've copied the wrong commit id for some reason when I send it though
> the git-fixes alias and it didn't occur to me that I just referenced my own
> patch. Sorry about the confusion.

<sigh>

We want those tags to be right. I'm going to fix this and force-push,
hopefully nobody will get too made at me...

jon

2019-05-21 18:26:58

by Sven Eckelmann

On Tuesday, 21 May 2019 17:31:07 CEST Jonathan Corbet wrote:
> <sigh>

It is ok, I will never send you any patch again.

> We want those tags to be right. I'm going to fix this and force-push,
> hopefully nobody will get too made at me...

Kind regards,
Sven

Attachments:
signature.asc (849.00 B)
This is a digitally signed message part.

2019-05-21 18:48:24

by Jonathan Corbet

On Tue, 21 May 2019 20:23:48 +0200
Sven Eckelmann <[email protected]> wrote:

> > <sigh>
>
> It is ok, I will never send you any patch again.

I'm hoping that's meant to be a joke...? This is certainly not a big
problem on any scale...

jon

2019-05-21 18:54:17

by Sven Eckelmann

On Tuesday, 21 May 2019 20:46:03 CEST Jonathan Corbet wrote:
> On Tue, 21 May 2019 20:23:48 +0200
> Sven Eckelmann <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > > <sigh>
> >
> > It is ok, I will never send you any patch again.
>
> I'm hoping that's meant to be a joke...? This is certainly not a big
> problem on any scale...

Not really. If you are so frustrated that you start your reply with "<sigh>"
then I think that it was not enough for me to explain what I did wrong and
that I am sorry about copying the wrong git commit + not noticing it when
pasting it to the commit message. What else should I do? Jump back in time?

Kind regards,
Sven

Attachments:
signature.asc (849.00 B)
This is a digitally signed message part.

2019-05-21 19:05:54

by Jonathan Corbet

On Tue, 21 May 2019 20:52:46 +0200
Sven Eckelmann <[email protected]> wrote:

> > I'm hoping that's meant to be a joke...? This is certainly not a big
> > problem on any scale...
>
> Not really. If you are so frustrated that you start your reply with "<sigh>"
> then I think that it was not enough for me to explain what I did wrong and
> that I am sorry about copying the wrong git commit + not noticing it when
> pasting it to the commit message. What else should I do? Jump back in time?

It was just a sigh because there was a little mess that I needed to clean
up — one that I had failed to clean up correctly on my first attempt.
That's all. Apologies for giving you any other sort of impression, that
was not intended. Things happen, life goes on.

jon

2019-05-21 19:08:13

by Sven Eckelmann

On Tuesday, 21 May 2019 21:04:31 CEST Jonathan Corbet wrote:
> It was just a sigh because there was a little mess that I needed to clean
> up — one that I had failed to clean up correctly on my first attempt.
> That's all. Apologies for giving you any other sort of impression, that
> was not intended. Things happen, life goes on.

Ok. Thanks for cleaning it up.