2005-03-31 21:36:07

by Miklos Szeredi

Subject: build logs for -mm

Andrew,

do I believe correctly that you do automatic builds of -mm for lots of
architectures? If yes, is there some place where the output is
available? This would be useful for fixing warnings.

Thanks,
Miklos

2005-03-31 21:48:17

by Randy.Dunlap

Subject: Re: build logs for -mm

Miklos Szeredi wrote:
> Andrew,
>
> do I believe correctly that you do automatic builds of -mm for lots of
> architectures? If yes, is there some place where the output is
> available? This would be useful for fixing warnings.

The OSDL PLM tool also does automated builds of all -linus
and -mm releases. 2.6.12-rc1-mm4 results are here:

http://www.osdl.org/plm-cgi/plm?module=patch_info&patch_id=4352

However, Andrew's builds are done before these are done (so
are earlier/quicker). And there are probably some differences
in the tool versions as well.

--
~Randy

2005-04-01 10:26:18

by Miklos Szeredi

> > do I believe correctly that you do automatic builds of -mm for lots of
> > architectures? If yes, is there some place where the output is
> > available? This would be useful for fixing warnings.
>
> The OSDL PLM tool also does automated builds of all -linus
> and -mm releases. 2.6.12-rc1-mm4 results are here:
>
> http://www.osdl.org/plm-cgi/plm?module=patch_info&patch_id=4352

Thanks. I see that for most architectures this only builds a
defconfig kernel, which is not useful for projects not included in
defconfig.

Would it be too much load for the server to handle a full config for
all archs?

Thanks,
Miklos

2005-04-01 17:01:58

by Randy.Dunlap

Miklos Szeredi wrote:
>>>do I believe correctly that you do automatic builds of -mm for lots of
>>>architectures? If yes, is there some place where the output is
>>>available? This would be useful for fixing warnings.
>>
>>The OSDL PLM tool also does automated builds of all -linus
>>and -mm releases. 2.6.12-rc1-mm4 results are here:
>>
>>http://www.osdl.org/plm-cgi/plm?module=patch_info&patch_id=4352
>

> Thanks. I see that for most architectures this only builds a
> defconfig kernel, which is not useful for projects not included in
> defconfig.
>
> Would it be too much load for the server to handle a full config for
> all archs?

I'm asking about that (I don't do the PLM builds).

--
~Randy