2019-08-15 23:46:16

by Stephen Rothwell

Subject: linux-next: Signed-off-by missing for commits in the net-next tree

Hi all,

Commits

11740ef44829 ("rds: check for excessive looping in rds_send_xmit")
65dedd7fe1f2 ("RDS: limit the number of times we loop in rds_send_xmit")

are missing a Signed-off-by from their authors.

Stephen Rothwell

Attachments:
(No filename) (499.00 B)
OpenPGP digital signature

2019-08-15 23:48:58

by Gerd Rausch

Hi,

Just added the e-mail addresses I found using a simple "google search",
in order to reach out to the original authors of these commits:
Chris Mason and Andy Grover.

I'm hoping they still remember their work from 7-8 years ago.

Thanks,

Gerd

On 15/08/2019 14.53, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Commits
>
> 11740ef44829 ("rds: check for excessive looping in rds_send_xmit")
> 65dedd7fe1f2 ("RDS: limit the number of times we loop in rds_send_xmit")
>
> are missing a Signed-off-by from their authors.

2019-08-16 09:24:39

by Andy Grover

On 8/16/19 3:06 PM, Gerd Rausch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just added the e-mail addresses I found using a simple "google search",
> in order to reach out to the original authors of these commits:
> Chris Mason and Andy Grover.
>
> I'm hoping they still remember their work from 7-8 years ago.

Yes looks like what I was working on. What did you need from me? It's
too late to amend the commitlogs...

-- Andy

> Thanks,
>
> Gerd
>
> On 15/08/2019 14.53, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Commits
>>
>> 11740ef44829 ("rds: check for excessive looping in rds_send_xmit")
>> 65dedd7fe1f2 ("RDS: limit the number of times we loop in rds_send_xmit")
>>
>> are missing a Signed-off-by from their authors.

2019-08-16 12:46:36

by Chris Mason

On 16 Aug 2019, at 5:15, Andy Grover wrote:

> On 8/16/19 3:06 PM, Gerd Rausch wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just added the e-mail addresses I found using a simple "google
>> search",
>> in order to reach out to the original authors of these commits:
>> Chris Mason and Andy Grover.
>>
>> I'm hoping they still remember their work from 7-8 years ago.
>
> Yes looks like what I was working on. What did you need from me? It's
> too late to amend the commitlogs...

Same question ;) The missing signed-off-by is a mistake, but from the
point of view of the DCO, these patches are totally fine by me.

-chris

2019-08-16 14:11:56

by Gerd Rausch

Hi,

On 16/08/2019 02.15, Andy Grover wrote:
> On 8/16/19 3:06 PM, Gerd Rausch wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just added the e-mail addresses I found using a simple "google search",
>> in order to reach out to the original authors of these commits:
>> Chris Mason and Andy Grover.
>>
>> I'm hoping they still remember their work from 7-8 years ago.
>
> Yes looks like what I was working on. What did you need from me? It's
> too late to amend the commitlogs...

I'll let Stephen or David respond to what (if any) action is necessary.

The missing Signed-off-by was pointed out to me by Stephen yesterday.

Hence I tried to locate you guys to pull you into the loop in order to
not leave his concern unanswered.

Thanks,

Gerd

2019-08-16 14:32:23

by Stephen Rothwell

Hi all,

On Fri, 16 Aug 2019 07:10:34 -0700 Gerd Rausch <[email protected]> wrote:

> On 16/08/2019 02.15, Andy Grover wrote:
> > On 8/16/19 3:06 PM, Gerd Rausch wrote:
> >>
> >> Just added the e-mail addresses I found using a simple "google search",
> >> in order to reach out to the original authors of these commits:
> >> Chris Mason and Andy Grover.
> >>
> >> I'm hoping they still remember their work from 7-8 years ago.
> >
> > Yes looks like what I was working on. What did you need from me? It's
> > too late to amend the commitlogs...

Yeah, Dave doesn't rebase his trees.

> I'll let Stephen or David respond to what (if any) action is necessary.
>
> The missing Signed-off-by was pointed out to me by Stephen yesterday.
>
> Hence I tried to locate you guys to pull you into the loop in order to
> not leave his concern unanswered.

It is OK for SOBs to be missing, I just wanted to make sure that it was
OK in this instance. (Its better that I ask when its OK then not to
ask and find something has gone wrong.)

Stephen Rothwell

Attachments:
(No filename) (499.00 B)