Subject: acpi poweroff

When I try to poweroff my computer, it reboots.
The only way to turn it off is to change

acpi_sleep_prepare(ACPI_STATE_S5);

acpi_sleep_prepare(ACPI_STATE_S4);

in the function acpi_power_off in the file drivers/acpi/sleep/poweroff.c.
I think it's a buggy acpi controller.
What's the side effect of this change?

2005-05-11 16:29:42

by Luming Yu

Subject: Re: acpi poweroff

This is a clue to track down to the root.
What's your machine model and kernel version?
Thanks,
Luming

Yu, Luming wrote:

>This is a clue to track down to the root.
>What's your machine model and kernel version?
>Thanks,
>Luming
>On 2005.05.09 17:17:24 -0300, Andr? Pereira de Almeida wrote:
>

>>When I try to poweroff my computer, it reboots.
>>The only way to turn it off is to change
>>
>>acpi_sleep_prepare(ACPI_STATE_S5);

>>acpi_sleep_prepare(ACPI_STATE_S4);
>>
>>in the function acpi_power_off in the file drivers/acpi/sleep/poweroff.c.
>>I think it's a buggy acpi controller.
>>What's the side effect of this change?
>>-
>>To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
>>the body of a message to [email protected]
>>More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
>>Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml
>>
>/

It is a AMD Athlon XP 1700+ processor with a Asus A7S266 Motherboard. If
it is of any help, the header of de ACPI's FADT says:
OEMID: ASUS
OEM Table ID: A7S266VM
OEM Revision: 1.0B
Creator ID: MSFT
Creator Revision: 1011
Andr?.

Andr? Pereira de Almeida wrote:

> Yu, Luming wrote:
>
>> This is a clue to track down to the root.
>> What's your machine model and kernel version?
>> Thanks,
>> Luming
>> On 2005.05.09 17:17:24 -0300, Andr? Pereira de Almeida wrote:
>>

>>> When I try to poweroff my computer, it reboots.
>>> The only way to turn it off is to change
>>>
>>> acpi_sleep_prepare(ACPI_STATE_S5);

>>> acpi_sleep_prepare(ACPI_STATE_S4);
>>>
>>> in the function acpi_power_off in the file
>>> drivers/acpi/sleep/poweroff.c.
>>> I think it's a buggy acpi controller.
>>> What's the side effect of this change?
>>>
>> /
>>

> It is a AMD Athlon XP 1700+ processor with a Asus A7S266 Motherboard.
> If it is of any help, the header of de ACPI's FADT says:
> OEMID: ASUS OEM Table ID: A7S266VM
> OEM Revision: 1.0B
> Creator ID: MSFT
> Creator Revision: 1011
> Andr?.

Sory, I forgot the kernel version: 2.6.12-rc3-mm3, but It's also happens
in 2.6.11.8, 2.6.12-rc3 and 2.6.12-rc4
Andr?