2005-09-05 12:20:29

by Serge Noiraud

Subject: Re: [patch] KGDB for Real-Time Preemption systems

mercredi 17 Ao?t 2005 02:53, George Anzinger wrote/a ?crit?:
> I have put a version of KGDB for x86 RT kernels here:
> http://source.mvista.com/~ganzinger/
>
> The common_kgdb_cfi_.... stuff creates debug records for entry.S and
> friends so that you can "bt" through them. Apply in this order:
> Ingo's patch
> kgdb-ga-rt.patch
> common_kgdb_cfi_annotations.patch
>
> This is, more or less, the same kgdb that is in Andrew's mm tree changed
> to fix the RT issues.

Hi, everybody

I found two bugs in kgdb-ga-rt patch.

The first one : if CONFIG_SMP is not set, we have a compile error
The second one : if CONFIG_KGDB is not set, we have a link error
I send you a diff patch to correct this. I am not sure the last patch is
correct, but it works.

Attachments:
(No filename) (751.00 B)
diff.kgdb-ga-rt (1.20 kB)

by George Anzinger

Serge Noiraud wrote:
> mercredi 17 Ao?t 2005 02:53, George Anzinger wrote/a ?crit :
>
>>I have put a version of KGDB for x86 RT kernels here:
>>http://source.mvista.com/~ganzinger/
>>
>>The common_kgdb_cfi_.... stuff creates debug records for entry.S and
>>friends so that you can "bt" through them. Apply in this order:
>>Ingo's patch
>>kgdb-ga-rt.patch
>>common_kgdb_cfi_annotations.patch
>>
>>This is, more or less, the same kgdb that is in Andrew's mm tree changed
>>to fix the RT issues.
>

> Hi, everybody
>
> I found two bugs in kgdb-ga-rt patch.
>
> The first one : if CONFIG_SMP is not set, we have a compile error
> The second one : if CONFIG_KGDB is not set, we have a link error
> I send you a diff patch to correct this. I am not sure the last patch is
> correct, but it works.

The reported bugs are now rolled into the kgdb patch. Also, there is a
new README.txt. I also included, in the kgdb patch, an updated gdb
macro file (Documentation/i386/kgdb/gdbinit.hw) which has a per_cpu
macro to:

given a per_cpu structure name and the cpu number returns the
address of that structure, properly typed.

I am also putting my current version of time_stamp_tool. This is the
replacement for kgdb_ts() which I have removed from the kgdb patch.
Still a little rough but it has promise of being arch independent.

--
George Anzinger [email protected]
HRT (High-res-timers): http://sourceforge.net/projects/high-res-timers/