2005-09-15 14:34:26

by umesh chandak

Subject: adding new lsm hooks

hi
i want to add new lsm hooks in linux kernel.
Can anybody tell me ,what steps should i follow to do
this. or a appropriate link .
thank you!!!!!!!!!

__________________________________
http://mail.yahoo.com

2005-09-15 14:39:07

by Emmanuel Fleury

Subject: Re: adding new lsm hooks

umesh chandak wrote:
> hi
> i want to add new lsm hooks in linux kernel.
> Can anybody tell me ,what steps should i follow to do
> this. or a appropriate link .

What kind of hooks ?

I've been idling around the LSM hooks for quite a while and
I never had the need to add any... So, I'm quite puzzled to
know what kind of hooks do you need. :)

Emmanuel Fleury

Assistant Professor | Office: B1-201
Computer Science Department, | Phone: +45 96 35 72 23
Aalborg University, | Mobile: +45 26 22 98 03
Fredriks Bajersvej 7E, | E-mail: [email protected]
9220 Aalborg East, Denmark | URL: http://www.cs.aau.dk/~fleury

2005-09-15 14:57:16

by umesh chandak

respected sir ,
Thank you for reply.
Basically i want to add hooks at mac layer .But for
time being as a practice i want to add new hooks of
any type for playing purpose .so can you tell me a
procedure or appropriate link

thank you !!!!!!

--- Emmanuel Fleury <[email protected]> wrote:

> umesh chandak wrote:
> > hi
> > i want to add new lsm hooks in linux kernel.
> > Can anybody tell me ,what steps should i follow to
> do
> > this. or a appropriate link .
>
> What kind of hooks ?
>
> I've been idling around the LSM hooks for quite a
> while and
> I never had the need to add any... So, I'm quite
> puzzled to
> know what kind of hooks do you need. :)
>
> Regards
> --
> Emmanuel Fleury
>
> Assistant Professor | Office: B1-201
> Computer Science Department, | Phone: +45 96 35 72
> 23
> Aalborg University, | Mobile: +45 26 22 98
> 03
> Fredriks Bajersvej 7E, | E-mail:
> [email protected]
> 9220 Aalborg East, Denmark | URL:
> http://www.cs.aau.dk/~fleury
> -
> "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
> More majordomo info at

__________________________________
http://mail.yahoo.com

2005-09-15 15:14:14

by Emmanuel Fleury

umesh chandak wrote:
> respected sir ,

Hum, you should skip this or my ego will blow up.

> Basically i want to add hooks at mac layer .But for
> time being as a practice i want to add new hooks of
> any type for playing purpose .so can you tell me a
> procedure or appropriate link

Sorry, but I don't see your point here...

You want to be able to restrict the access to a network card on the
basis of the MAC address ?

But, why don't you consider using the socket_create (and more generally,
the socket_* family) in place of adding new hooks ?

The point of a hook is to insert check-points to prevent people to
access features/data on the system. I hardly see the mac layer as a
feature/data by itself as it is part of "can I access network or not ?".

I might as well have missed your point, respected Sir (may I call you
respected Sir ?). :)

Emmanuel Fleury

Elegance is not optional.
-- Richard O'Keefe