2005-10-08 01:08:10

by David Singleton

Subject: Robust Futex glibc patches

Ingo,
here is a patch that cleans up futex.h a bit. We've removed the
duplicate defines in futex.c and
glibc code and put them all in futex.h. We also changed the defines to
make the assembly in
glibc simpler.

There is also one fix for being the first waiter on a futex, we now
wait rather than return -EAGAIN.

The other two patches are the glibc patches that make priority
inheritance and robustness
separate (to make the POSIX people happy:-)

With these patches we now have a matched set of kernel and
glibc/nptl calls that
implement robustness and priority inheritance.

David

Attachments:
futex.diff (1.82 kB)
glibc-bull-nptl-robustmutexes.patch (38.31 kB)
glibc-mvl-nptl-priority-inheritance.patch (34.98 kB)
Download all attachments