2005-10-26 16:07:20

by Fao, Sean

Subject: What Uses lxdialog?

Besides "make menuconfig", is there anything else in the kernel that's
using lxdialog?

I ask because I have always wanted to add an "Abort" button for when you
exit menuconfig that gives users the choice of returning to the root
menu, rather than exiting (e.g. You're exiting by mistake). I started
working on a modification this morning and realized that menuconfig
relies on lxdialog (particularly scripts/lxdialog/yesno.c) for
displaying the dialog with the "Yes" and "No" buttons on it.

I almost completed a modification that will display the "Abort" button
*only* if called with the correct parameter (in other words, it defaults
to only the "Yes" and "No" buttons). However, I'd like to test that I
haven't broken anything else that might be relying on lxdialog. In
particular, I'm concerned with anything using the "yesno" functionality
of lxdialog that I may have overlooked.

Thank you,

--
Sean

2005-10-26 16:54:18

by Sam Ravnborg

Subject: Re: What Uses lxdialog?

On Wed, Oct 26, 2005 at 12:03:59PM -0400, Fao, Sean wrote:
> Besides "make menuconfig", is there anything else in the kernel that's
> using lxdialog?

Hi Sean.
lxdialog has only one user so go wild.

Sam