2005-10-28 22:16:16

by Alejandro Bonilla

Subject: IPW2200 againt 2.6.14-currentGit

As of 2.6.14-git-current ipw2200 would not bind to a ethX name.

In other words, ieee80211-1.0.7 and ipw2200-1.0.8 are making and
installing perfectly, also ipw2200 module is getting loaded but nothing
will come up for wireless under iwconfig nor under ifconfig -a.

dmesg looked perfectly normal. Maybe this has anything to do with the
Greg KH changes?

(2.6.14-rc5 and I have heard 2.6.14 work perfectly)

Also, how can I debug or check what could be occuring? or should I just
wait because there are too many things going in?

.Alejandro

2005-10-28 23:06:01

by Alejandro Bonilla

Subject: Re: IPW2200 againt 2.6.14-currentGit

Alejandro Bonilla Beeche wrote:

> As of 2.6.14-git-current ipw2200 would not bind to a ethX name.
>
> In other words, ieee80211-1.0.7 and ipw2200-1.0.8 are making and
> installing perfectly, also ipw2200 module is getting loaded but
> nothing will come up for wireless under iwconfig nor under ifconfig -a.
>
> dmesg looked perfectly normal. Maybe this has anything to do with the
> Greg KH changes?
>
> (2.6.14-rc5 and I have heard 2.6.14 work perfectly)
>
> Also, how can I debug or check what could be occuring? or should I
> just wait because there are too many things going in?
>
> .Alejandro

Dissregard, after git pulling again, it looks like things work.

.Alejandro