2005-11-04 02:55:27

by Marc Perkel

Subject: Gigabyte GA-K8N51GMF-9 Motherboard

****

I just got a Gigabyte **GA-K8N51GMF-9 motherboard with nVidia chipset and Linux for some reason doesn't seem to be able to find the SATA drives or the ethernet port. Just wondering if I'm wasting my time with this board or if I'm missing something?

**

2005-11-04 19:21:47

by Jeffrey Hundstad

Subject: Re: Gigabyte GA-K8N51GMF-9 Motherboard

It's not the same MB, but perhaps similar, I have a ga-k8ns. The
Ethernet port works fine. However; things did seem a little funky until
I added ACPI support. It seem that interrupts weren't being delivered
as they should have been.

Symptom: sound would stutter REALLY bad, and the Ethernet module would
load but never work.

--
Jeffrey Hundstad

Marc Perkel wrote:

> ****
>
> I just got a Gigabyte **GA-K8N51GMF-9 motherboard with nVidia chipset
> and Linux for some reason doesn't seem to be able to find the SATA
> drives or the ethernet port. Just wondering if I'm wasting my time
> with this board or if I'm missing something?
>
> **
>
> -
> linux-kernel" in

by Marc Perkel

Jeffrey Hundstad wrote:

> It's not the same MB, but perhaps similar, I have a ga-k8ns. The
> Ethernet port works fine. However; things did seem a little funky
> until I added ACPI support. It seem that interrupts weren't being
> delivered as they should have been.
>
> Symptom: sound would stutter REALLY bad, and the Ethernet module would
> load but never work.

Thanks for your help. I figured out what the problem was. I was
installing FC4 and it uses 2.6.11 kernel and when I installed a later
kernel it works. Aparently the 2.6.12 kernel included the drivers that
work with this motherboard.

--
Marc Perkel - [email protected]

Spam Filter: http://www.junkemailfilter.com