2005-11-01 09:28:31

by Luke Yang

Subject: ADI Blackfin patch for kernel 2.6.14

Hi all,

This is the new Blackfin patch for kernel 2.6.14. Mainly includes
arch/Blackfin and include/asm-blackfin files. We decided not to put in
all the drivers for this version.

Here is the patch URL:
http://blackfin.uclinux.org/frs/download.php/606/bfin4kernel-2.6.14.patch
. Please reiview and merge it into the kernel. Thank you very much.

Luke Yang
[email protected]
ADI Inc.

2005-11-01 16:51:41

by Adrian Bunk

Subject: Re: ADI Blackfin patch for kernel 2.6.14

On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 05:28:30PM +0800, Luke Yang wrote:

> Hi all,

Hi,

> This is the new Blackfin patch for kernel 2.6.14. Mainly includes
> arch/Blackfin and include/asm-blackfin files. We decided not to put in
> all the drivers for this version.
>
> Here is the patch URL:
> http://blackfin.uclinux.org/frs/download.php/606/bfin4kernel-2.6.14.patch
> . Please reiview and merge it into the kernel. Thank you very much.

some comments:
- the changes to the toplevel Makefile should go to
arch/blackfin/kernel/Makefile
- please use drivers/Kconfig
- include/asm-blackfin/pci.h contains some ^M characters
- please replace "extern inline" and "extern __inline__" with
"static inline"
- CONFIG_CLEAN_COMPILE=n is not a good choice for a defconfig

> Luke Yang

cu
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.
Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed

2005-11-02 07:06:10

by Luke Yang

Hi,

Thank you for your reivew. I change those files and updated the patch:

http://blackfin.uclinux.org/frs/download.php/607/bfin_r2_4kernel-2.6.14.patch

Regards,
Luke

On 11/2/05, Adrian Bunk <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 05:28:30PM +0800, Luke Yang wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
>
> Hi,
>
> > This is the new Blackfin patch for kernel 2.6.14. Mainly includes
> > arch/Blackfin and include/asm-blackfin files. We decided not to put in
> > all the drivers for this version.
> >
> > Here is the patch URL:
> > http://blackfin.uclinux.org/frs/download.php/606/bfin4kernel-2.6.14.patch
> > . Please reiview and merge it into the kernel. Thank you very much.
>
> some comments:
> - the changes to the toplevel Makefile should go to
> arch/blackfin/kernel/Makefile
> - please use drivers/Kconfig
> - include/asm-blackfin/pci.h contains some ^M characters
> - please replace "extern inline" and "extern __inline__" with
> "static inline"
> - CONFIG_CLEAN_COMPILE=n is not a good choice for a defconfig
>
> > Luke Yang
>
> cu
> Adrian
>
> --
>
> "Is there not promise of rain?" Ling Tan asked suddenly out
> of the darkness. There had been need of rain for many days.
> "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
> Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed

2005-11-04 04:59:16

by Luke Yang

Hi,

Does this patch has the chance to be merged? Is anyone reivewing or
merging it? Anything I can help? Just want to make sure... Thanks a
lot!

Luke Yang

On 11/2/05, Luke Yang <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thank you for your reivew. I change those files and updated the patch:
>
> http://blackfin.uclinux.org/frs/download.php/607/bfin_r2_4kernel-2.6.14.patch
>
> Regards,
> Luke
>

> On 11/2/05, Adrian Bunk <[email protected]> wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 05:28:30PM +0800, Luke Yang wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > > This is the new Blackfin patch for kernel 2.6.14. Mainly includes
> > > arch/Blackfin and include/asm-blackfin files. We decided not to put in
> > > all the drivers for this version.
> > >
> > > Here is the patch URL:
> > > http://blackfin.uclinux.org/frs/download.php/606/bfin4kernel-2.6.14.patch
> > > . Please reiview and merge it into the kernel. Thank you very much.
> >
> > some comments:
> > - the changes to the toplevel Makefile should go to
> > arch/blackfin/kernel/Makefile
> > - please use drivers/Kconfig
> > - include/asm-blackfin/pci.h contains some ^M characters
> > - please replace "extern inline" and "extern __inline__" with
> > "static inline"
> > - CONFIG_CLEAN_COMPILE=n is not a good choice for a defconfig
> >
> > > Luke Yang
> >
> > cu
> > Adrian
> >
> > --
> >
> > "Is there not promise of rain?" Ling Tan asked suddenly out
> > of the darkness. There had been need of rain for many days.
> > "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
> > Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed

2005-11-04 23:08:26

by Greg KH

On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 12:59:14PM +0800, Luke Yang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does this patch has the chance to be merged? Is anyone reivewing or
> merging it? Anything I can help? Just want to make sure... Thanks a
> lot!

Your patch is 43 thousand lines long. Please break it up into the
different logical chunks, and document them, and add a signed-off-by:
line, and send them to the proper places/people, as it is documented in
the file, Documentation/SubmittingPatches.

thanks,

greg k-h

2005-11-07 06:58:05

by Luke Yang

But this patch only includes the arch files for Blackfin. Do I have
to break it into smaller chunks? It is hard to break it...

On 11/5/05, Greg KH <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 12:59:14PM +0800, Luke Yang wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does this patch has the chance to be merged? Is anyone reivewing or
> > merging it? Anything I can help? Just want to make sure... Thanks a
> > lot!
>
> Your patch is 43 thousand lines long. Please break it up into the
> different logical chunks, and document them, and add a signed-off-by:
> line, and send them to the proper places/people, as it is documented in
> the file, Documentation/SubmittingPatches.
>
> thanks,
>
> greg k-h

2005-11-07 17:18:50

by Greg KH