2005-11-30 19:20:59

by Damien Wyart

Subject: BUG in kernel checked out 24 hours ago

Hello,

Please find the log from a BUG I encountered this evening while running
a kernel I had checkouted from git and compiled arond 6pm UTC yesterday.
The computer froze and I could reboot it with Sysrq.

Any comments welcome, notably about if this has been corrected since or
not (I am not insider enough to be sure). I am currently compileing
a freshly checkouted kernel to see if it runs better.

Thanks in advance,

--
Damien Wyart

Attachments:
(No filename) (440.00 B)
kern.log (4.95 kB)

by Arjan van de Ven

Subject: Re: BUG in kernel checked out 24 hours ago

On Wed, 2005-11-30 at 20:20 +0100, Damien Wyart wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Please find the log from a BUG I encountered this evening while running
> a kernel I had checkouted from git and compiled arond 6pm UTC yesterday.
> The computer froze and I could reboot it with Sysrq.
>
> Any comments welcome, notably about if this has been corrected since or
> not (I am not insider enough to be sure). I am currently compileing
> a freshly checkouted kernel to see if it runs better.

you should try without the nvidia module....

2005-11-30 19:26:06

by Damien Wyart

* Damien Wyart <[email protected]> [2005-11-30 20:20]:
> Please find the log from a BUG I encountered this evening while running
> a kernel I had checkouted from git and compiled arond 6pm UTC yesterday.
> The computer froze and I could reboot it with Sysrq.

Sorry, forgot the dmesg and .config...

--
Damien Wyart

Attachments:
(No filename) (322.00 B)
config.2615 (29.43 kB)
kern.log (25.06 kB)

by Michael Krufky

Arjan van de Ven wrote:

>On Wed, 2005-11-30 at 20:20 +0100, Damien Wyart wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>Please find the log from a BUG I encountered this evening while running
>>a kernel I had checkouted from git and compiled arond 6pm UTC yesterday.
>>The computer froze and I could reboot it with Sysrq.
>>
>>Any comments welcome, notably about if this has been corrected since or
>>not (I am not insider enough to be sure). I am currently compileing
>>a freshly checkouted kernel to see if it runs better.
>>

>you should try without the nvidia module....

It looks like this issue applies to your situation:

[LKML] Merely a warning to my fellow Nvidia travellers running 2.6.15-rc3
http://lkml.org/lkml/2005/11/30/157/index.html

Cheers,

Michael Krufky