2006-02-28 18:54:47

by Keith Parkins

Subject: newbie -- looking for 2.4->2.6 PCI example

Hey,

I am about to port a small PCI module (~500 lines) from a 2.4 to a 2.6
kernel. I browsed Jonathon Corbet's articles on lwn.net but didn't notice
any discussion on the pci differences. Could somebody point me to a small
straightforward driver in the 2.4 tree that has an equally straightforward
source in the 2.6 tree? The existing driver has poll, ioctl, open,
release, probe, and remove callbacks and that's it. It also uses a mutex
and spin_lock for polling and ioctl when calling
copy_from_user/copy_to_user.

Thanks!
Keith

--
Keith Parkins U of R Computer Science
[email protected] Computer Science Building, Room 606

2006-02-28 20:12:00

by Jiri Slaby

Subject: Re: newbie -- looking for 2.4->2.6 PCI example