2006-05-18 20:18:31

by George Nychis

Subject: dm-mod unresolved external with 2.4.32

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has gotten LVM2 support with the 2.4.32 kernel?

I downloaded device-mapper.1.01.05 and applied the 2.4.28-pre4-devmapper
and 2.4.22-VFS-lock patches to my 2.4.32 kernel, which seemed to be
successful

I then added module support for device mapper in the kernel, and did
make dep && make bzImage modules modules_install && make install

So then i reboot and I see "dm-mod.o: -1 Unresolved external symbol"

I had no errors or warnings building my modules

Any ideas how i can find out what the external symbol is, or does anyone
see anything I'm missing?

Thanks!
George

2006-05-18 22:33:12

by George Nychis

Subject: how to view dmesg during initrd?

Hi,

I am trying to load a module with initrd and insmod, however insmod
simply says "unresolved external symbols!" and puts the rest in dmesg,
is there any way to find out these symbols if my kernel panics, and
never boots, therefore i can't see the dmesg?

Thanks!
George