2006-08-31 11:49:54

by Just Marc

Subject: dspam as an incoming message filter on LKML

Hi,

I'm sure many of you have experience with lots of different of spam
filters, at least some of you will know how good and effective DSPAM is.

What I propose is simple, after we teach DSPAM what is ham and what is
spam (a quick process on LKML) have one person who will volunteer
to weed out any false positives (if any) for a short period of time,
following that we can just let DSPAM do its magic and enjoy a totally
spam free
LKML.

The chance of false positives with the kind of highly specific topics
and keywords discussed on LKML is extremely small.

Comments?

Marc

2006-08-31 23:19:54

by Adrian Bunk

Subject: Re: dspam as an incoming message filter on LKML

On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 12:49:27PM +0100, Just Marc wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm sure many of you have experience with lots of different of spam
> filters, at least some of you will know how good and effective DSPAM is.
>
> What I propose is simple, after we teach DSPAM what is ham and what is
> spam (a quick process on LKML) have one person who will volunteer
> to weed out any false positives (if any) for a short period of time,
> following that we can just let DSPAM do its magic and enjoy a totally
> spam free
> LKML.
>
> The chance of false positives with the kind of highly specific topics
> and keywords discussed on LKML is extremely small.
>
> Comments?

If you think linux-kernel didn't have any spam filtering you should read
the information linked from the text that is attached to _every_ email
sent to linux-kernel.

The last spamfilter discussion on this list was less than one month ago.

Please read the list archives before restarting the same old discussion.

> Marc

cu
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.