2006-09-03 00:59:38

by Jay Cliburn

Subject: No RAID/LVM config in 2.6.18-rc5-mm1

I'm trying to build 2.6.18-rc5-mm1 from scratch, but I can't find the
config options for multi-device (RAID and LVM). If I go ahead and build
a kernel without those options, it fails to boot, complaining that
dm-snapshot and others are missing.

Here is the sequence of events:
1. Untar linux-2.6.17.tar.gz
make menuconfig -- Yep, multi-device options are there.
2. Apply patch-2.6.18-rc5
make menuconfig -- Yep, again, multi-device options are there.
3. Apply patch 2.6.18-rc5-mm1
make menuconfig -- multi-device options are gone.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Jay

--
VGER BF report: H 0.360383

2006-09-03 01:50:36

by Andrew Morton

Subject: Re: No RAID/LVM config in 2.6.18-rc5-mm1

On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 19:59:35 -0500
Jay Cliburn <[email protected]> wrote:

> I'm trying to build 2.6.18-rc5-mm1 from scratch, but I can't find the
> config options for multi-device (RAID and LVM). If I go ahead and build
> a kernel without those options, it fails to boot, complaining that
> dm-snapshot and others are missing.
>
> Here is the sequence of events:
> 1. Untar linux-2.6.17.tar.gz
> make menuconfig -- Yep, multi-device options are there.
> 2. Apply patch-2.6.18-rc5
> make menuconfig -- Yep, again, multi-device options are there.
> 3. Apply patch 2.6.18-rc5-mm1
> make menuconfig -- multi-device options are gone.

ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/2.6.18-rc5/2.6.18-rc5-mm1/hot-fixes/
contains a fix for this.

--
VGER BF report: U 0.472843