2006-12-24 20:47:06

by Ismail Dönmez

Subject: ACPI EC warnings

Hi,

With the recent ACPI merge I get this in dmesg:

ACPI: EC: evaluating _Q60
ACPI: EC: evaluating _Q60
ACPI: EC: evaluating _Q60
[...]

and similar warnings. Also I am not completely sure but sound skips when I get
this warning. Anyone experiencing the same problem? Also why does ACPI is
polluting dmesg like this?

Regards,
ismail

--
2 + 2 = 5 for very large values of 2

2006-12-24 21:06:00

by Ismail Dönmez

Subject: Re: ACPI EC warnings

24 Ara 2006 Paz 23:02 tarihinde, Guillaume Chazarain şunları yazmıştı:
> 2006/12/24, Ismail Donmez <[email protected]>:
> > ACPI: EC: evaluating _Q60
>
> Same thing here, I think it is caused by
> http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=comm
>it;h=af3fd1404fd4f0f58ebbb52b22be4f1ca0794cda
>
> The attached patch restores the previous behaviour.

Patch looks nice, btw do you notice any skippy behaviour? i.e sound skips when
I get this warning or something else is broken and I blame ACPI because its
flooding dmesg =)

Regards,
ismail

--
2 + 2 = 5 for very large values of 2

2006-12-24 21:19:30

by Guillaume Chazarain

> Patch looks nice,
But LKML didn't like gmail's HTML so here is it again. Hopefully this
one will pass.

> btw do you notice any skippy behaviour? i.e sound skips when
> I get this warning

No, in my case I just get the message: ACPI: EC: evaluating _Q20
> or something else is broken and I blame ACPI because its
> flooding dmesg =)

I happen to have at the moment some other debugging printk, flooding
my logs, and sound doesn't skip either :-) Asus V6VA - Pentium-M 2GHz here.

--
Guillaume

Attachments:
ACPI.diff (390.00 B)

2006-12-24 21:30:53

by Ismail Dönmez

24 Ara 2006 Paz 23:19 tarihinde, Guillaume Chazarain şunları yazmıştı:
> > Patch looks nice,
>
> But LKML didn't like gmail's HTML so here is it again. Hopefully this
> one will pass.

I think this one didn't pass either :-/

> > btw do you notice any skippy behaviour? i.e sound skips when
> > I get this warning
>
> No, in my case I just get the message: ACPI: EC: evaluating _Q20
>
> > or something else is broken and I blame ACPI because its
> > flooding dmesg =)
>
> I happen to have at the moment some other debugging printk, flooding
> my logs, and sound doesn't skip either :-) Asus V6VA - Pentium-M 2GHz here.

Yeah the warning seems unrelated to skips.

Regards,
ismail

--
2 + 2 = 5 for very large values of 2