2007-01-08 20:10:33

by Andrew Walrond

Subject: Oops on x86_64 after upgrade to 2.6.19.1. (ACPI related?)

I was running 2.6.18.3 before, which worked fine.

Only managed to get a screen grab from remote KVM, but hope its useful.

I'll try latest rc when I can get someone to reset the (remote) box.

Andrew Walrond

Attachments:
oops.JPG (32.75 kB)

2007-01-10 13:53:36

by Andrew Walrond

Andrew Walrond wrote:
> I was running 2.6.18.3 before, which worked fine.
>
> Only managed to get a screen grab from remote KVM, but hope its useful.
>
> I'll try latest rc when I can get someone to reset the (remote) box.

Same result with 2.6.20-rc4. Screen grab attached.

To reiterate, 2.6.18.3 works fine. 2.6.19.1+ panics on boot.

This is a dual opteron system with recent BIOS

Anything I can try to diagnose, please shout :)

> Andrew Walrond

Attachments:
2.6.20-rc4.JPG (49.39 kB)