2007-01-13 03:33:57

by Von Wolher

Subject: 2.6.19.1 failing

Hi,

I just build a 2.6.19.1 vanilla kernel based on the previous config
(make oldconfig) but for some reason it is not starting. Despite
following the usual procedure with lilo like many times before it seems
that lilo tries to boot it and jumps back to the menu screen.

But selecting the old kernel boots just fine.

Any one can advise on what could cause such behaviour beside the obvious
steps like did i run lilo after kernel compile, check paths ...

Thanks

Mark

2007-01-13 04:31:45

by Randy Dunlap

Subject: Re: 2.6.19.1 failing

On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 03:58:19 +0100 Von Wolher wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just build a 2.6.19.1 vanilla kernel based on the previous config
> (make oldconfig) but for some reason it is not starting. Despite
> following the usual procedure with lilo like many times before it seems
> that lilo tries to boot it and jumps back to the menu screen.

Was your previous config 2.6.18* or 2.6.19?
If it was 2.6.18* and you are using SATA, the config symbol
names for SATA changed and you'll need set them via make *config.

Otherwise we'll probably need more info.

> But selecting the old kernel boots just fine.
>
> Any one can advise on what could cause such behaviour beside the obvious
> steps like did i run lilo after kernel compile, check paths ...

---
~Randy