2008-02-13 20:00:22

by Adrian Bunk

Subject: Compiler for mn10300?

How can I get a compiler suitable for mn10300?

An svn gcc configured for mn10300-linux gives me:

<-- snip -->

CC arch/mn10300/kernel/asm-offsets.s
cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-mmem-funcs"
make[2]: *** [arch/mn10300/kernel/asm-offsets.s] Error 1

<-- snip -->

TIA
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.
Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed

2008-02-13 23:17:52

by David Howells

Subject: Re: Compiler for mn10300?

Adrian Bunk <[email protected]> wrote:

> How can I get a compiler suitable for mn10300?

ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/gnupro/AM33/am33-04r2-5/tools

David

2008-02-14 20:13:13

by Adrian Bunk

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 11:13:19PM +0000, David Howells wrote:

> Adrian Bunk <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > How can I get a compiler suitable for mn10300?
>
> ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/gnupro/AM33/am33-04r2-5/tools

Thanks, got it.

What are the plans regarding getting a plain upstream gcc compiling the
kernel?

> David

cu
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.
Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed

2008-02-15 08:49:23

by Nick Clifton

Subject: Re: [Linux-am33-list] Re: Compiler for mn10300?

Hi Adrian,

> What are the plans regarding getting a plain upstream gcc compiling the
> kernel?

One of the things on my plate is to get the -mno-mem-funcs patch
contributed upstream. (Along with a lot of other pending AM33 patches,
such as the support for the AM34 processor). As it happens MEI have
just opened an issue with regard to -mno-mem-funcs, so any pushing of
the patch will have to wait until that is resolved.

Cheers
Nick